• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Mobile Banking app (iOS app v 9.2) no longer displays the clear text values of the virtual debit card numbers

xlr8

TF Buzz
I noticed that - post the latest update of Axis Mobile Banking app (iOS app v9.2), if you go to the Debit Cards segment and try to view the clear text values of the virtual debit card numbers (both Burgundy Mastercard and VISA e-debit), you no longer can.
Instead, you will see tokenized values.
Is this a glitch or is it intended for security reasons? What do you guys think?
As a result of this, you’d have to carry your physical Burgundy debit card everywhere, and your default VISA e-debit card would become completely useless.

I just realized that there’s one more way to view the clear text value of the default VISA e-debit card. That seems to be working fine for now.

But there is no other way at all to view the clear text value of the Burgundy MasterCard DC through the mobile app.

What is the use of Virtual debit card in Axis if you already have burgundy DC physical?
sometimes when making transactions online its not that safe to use actual number specially as some sites may get compromised. Those sites you can use virtual number so that even if it gets compromised you can just close that virtual card

sometimes when making transactions online its not that safe to use actual number specially as some sites may get compromised. Those sites you can use virtual number so that even if it gets compromised you can just close that virtual card
Axis Bank not giving every time different number to Burgundy account virtual card
Also i can block burg dc only not virtual
Not sure how this works

Axis Bank not giving every time different number to Burgundy account virtual card
Also i can block burg dc only not virtual
Not sure how this works
The points I listed are some of the main points that foreign virtual cards vendors make before issuing(the security practices, etc). For example : https://www.privacy.com/
Also not being able to block a virtual card, specially a debit card is wrong. One should talk with customer care about this.

Back