• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis over limit facility(URGENT help for a booking-time limit as the prices are rising quick)

ZappyRed

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Apart from the minimum 500 +GST charges(which I'm ok to pay for), I have activated the 50% over limit facility and tried to do a single transaction over and above my limit with Flip Axis credit card.

Case scenario:
Full limit is 80000.(=Available limit for next transaction)Over limit availed is 50%. So, logically I should be able to go through a single transaction for Rs. 1,05,000 which I'm unable to go through. Transaction gets declined even after trying multiple times saying limit not available.

What options do I have?

Should I load the credit card with extra 25k for going ahead to do a single transaction of Rs.1,05,000? Will this be helpful? I need a sure shot answer.

I don't have axis bank account. Unfortunately I don't have the option to pay through Flipkart Gift card for this transaction for the remaining amount.

In some instances, banks do allow over the limit transaction and levy charges. Its bank responsibility to permit that transaction or decline.

Do check with support before making the transaction, so that they'll review and allow your purchase.

btw, never heard 50% over limit, afaik its upto 30% and it varies based on relationship and other factors.

Do check with support to get allowed limit. And its 2% something (varies from bank to bank) subject to min. 500 (refer MITC).

ex: if you spend extra 25k, then its 500 or if you spend 30k then its 600 like that..

No, Axis doesn't allow pre paying extra amount and doing transaction that are above your credit limit. Some banks like Kotak allow this.

They may approve the transaction as you have given consent for 50% over limit feature but that is completely in bank's hand whether to approve the transaction or not. It doesn't require pre-paying. If they want to approve, they will approve it with 80k limit itself.

The only sure shot method is to buy flipkart gift card. Just buy them at discount and pay.

Apart from the minimum 500 +GST charges(which I'm ok to pay for), I have activated the 50% over limit facility and tried to do a single transaction over and above my limit with Flip Axis credit card.

Case scenario:
Full limit is 80000.(=Available limit for next transaction)Over limit availed is 50%. So, logically I should be able to go through a single transaction for Rs. 1,05,000 which I'm unable to go through. Transaction gets declined even after trying multiple times saying limit not available.

What options do I have?

Should I load the credit card with extra 25k for going ahead to do a single transaction of Rs.1,05,000? Will this be helpful? I need a sure shot answer.

I don't have axis bank account. Unfortunately I don't have the option to pay through Flipkart Gift card for this transaction for the remaining amount.
Load the credit card with extra 30k for going ahead to do a single transaction of Rs.1,05,000.

Load 30000 and it will go through.
Please mark this as your solution thanks 🙏

Load the credit card with extra 30k for going ahead to do a single transaction of Rs.1,05,000.

It doesn't work (atleast for me). I have tried many times. Even called their customer care, they told they don't allow over limit payments by prepayment. Also the reason of decline was limit not available even though I had prepaid the amount and made limit more than the transaction amount. None of the transactions were declined for security reasons, they specifically mentioned the reason in text and email after the decline.

Have you personally tried with Axis?

Case scenario:

What options do I have?

Axis doesn't let you use more than the limit in any transaction/1 day.

It's tested by me multiple times 🤣, this is the shit bank which won't let you use card by repaying till next day.

Anyway as the guy is concerned with overlimit, if you set today. I think you can try doing transaction next day. But that also not sure.

Axis doesn't let you use more than the limit in any transaction/1 day.

It's tested by me multiple times 🤣, this is the shit bank which won't let you use card by repaying till next day.

Anyway as the guy is concerned with overlimit, if you set today. I think you can try doing transaction next day. But that also not sure.
I tried. Loaded the card. It just didn't work.

They said total per transaction limit cannot cross total credit limit of the card. They said as I enabled over limit facility for 50%, I can make it through by multiple transactions like that...

Yes, Axis has option to enhance over limit by 50%. I just did that. Check yours.

In some instances, banks do allow over the limit transaction and levy charges. Its bank responsibility to permit that transaction or decline.

Do check with support before making the transaction, so that they'll review and allow your purchase.

btw, never heard 50% over limit, afaik its upto 30% and it varies based on relationship and other factors.

Do check with support to get allowed limit. And its 2% something (varies from bank to bank) subject to min. 500 (refer MITC).

ex: if you spend extra 25k, then its 500 or if you spend 30k then its 600 like that..
Not working with axis bank over limit at a single transaction over actual limit.

What do you mean by check yours?
I don't need to do any overlimit transaction.

Your transaction did go through? Beyond limit?
Actually someone said that 50% over limit is not possible. It's possible. I can see that on the app. Also, the transaction didn't go through beyond limit at once. Although I can do multiple transactions beyond limit with a max transaction value of total credit limit.

Actually someone said that 50% over limit is not possible. It's possible. I can see that on the app. Also, the transaction didn't go through beyond limit at once. Although I can do multiple transactions beyond limit with a max transaction value of total credit limit.
You can do or you did transactions beyond limit?

We can do beyond limit with 50% as threshold. But not in a single transaction. But in multiple transactions we can do it.

Per transaction limit is set as credit limit.
Overlimit works in scenarios like we already utilised 30k of 1L CL , with remaining 70k CL we are able to do transaction exceeding the limit like say 90k txn etc

Even if we prepay, if txn amount more than CL limit will always declined no matter what sadly
Still ridiculous then 🤣🤣🤣.

People normally have to do any over limit transaction only if he has some big purchase to do. If it's below limit, he can do by repaying.

So Axis is shit, hence proved 🤣🤣🤣

Back