• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Vistara Card Axis stupid rule and bullying

amitr29

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I hold Axis Vistara Infinite card for last 5 years. I was happy with the card until I opted for Magnus Burgundy and Reserve.

Statement was generated on 23 Feb and I saw charges for Vistara card renewal. Wanted to cancel the card as don't use it at all. Called CC but they are saying they can't reverse the fees, because I did a small transaction of Rs. 400/- after they levied the fees i.e 2nd February.

They have clearly denied to reverse and is very absurd. How can a customer know about charges, until statement is generated. Haven't used the card after statement generation.

Absolutely pissed with ridiculous and stupid policies of Axis Bank. If they don't reverse, will close all my accounts and cards.

Reactions: SSV
I think there was a person who got his Magnus fees reversed in similar case.
Another person got 4k RPs in similar case as well for Vistara Infinite.
You can keep mailing them saying that its not written anywhere that you cant reverse the fees after a transaction is made.

I think there was a person who got his Magnus fees reversed in similar case.
Another person got 4k RPs in similar case as well for Vistara Infinite.
You can keep mailing them saying that its not written anywhere that you cant reverse the fees after a transaction is made.
Have written to premium banking team. If they don't, I am ready to go legal. As you said, they haven't clarified this rule anywhere and I didn't receive any email/ sms regarding charges levied.

Request for closure of entire stack since xyz fees have been levied which weren't informed prior. They have a bigger stack to lose compared to yours. If they proceed with closure, that means they don't want your business, which is fine since there are many other cards in the Mkt (not as lucrative but still gets the job done).

Request for closure of entire stack since xyz fees have been levied which weren't informed prior. They have a bigger stack to lose compared to yours. If they proceed with closure, that means they don't want your business, which is fine since there are many other cards in the Mkt (not as lucrative but still gets the job done).
Have escalated to Nodal officer and someone called. Told them why was message not sent for levying fees just like notification is sent for other transactions. Told her it's violation of RBI rules and will go to consumer court. She said will resolve this. let's see

I hold Axis Vistara Infinite card for last 5 years. I was happy with the card until I opted for Magnus Burgundy and Reserve.

Statement was generated on 23 Feb and I saw charges for Vistara card renewal. Wanted to cancel the card as don't use it at all. Called CC but they are saying they can't reverse the fees, because I did a small transaction of Rs. 400/- after they levied the fees i.e 2nd February.

They have clearly denied to reverse and is very absurd. How can a customer know about charges, until statement is generated. Haven't used the card after statement generation.

Absolutely pissed with ridiculous and stupid policies of Axis Bank. If they don't reverse, will close all my accounts and cards.
Update: Charges are reversed after I engaged BM in the matter. PNO declined but branch manager got the Renewal fees reversed basis relationship

i misunderstood it
as for your query

by doing a transaction after fees has been billed to the card implies it to the bank that the customer intends to continue holding the card
not sure what the rule on this is
But surprisingly they don't send any alert before renewal date or when charges are levied. Customer can't remember exact renewal date and SI's will hit the card account

Last edited:
Axis being Axis. Somehow I strongly feel they’re never gonna sustain in the market. Credibility is zero literally. It’s okay even if reward rates are lower but poor customer experience won’t be entertained especially among high spenders. It’s good that the BM values your relationship otherwise things are difficult for people.

Axis being Axis. Somehow I strongly feel they’re never gonna sustain in the market. Credibility is zero literally. It’s okay even if reward rates are lower but poor customer experience won’t be entertained especially among high spenders. It’s good that the BM values your relationship otherwise things are difficult for people.
Technically high spenders care more about rewards & have no other option than axis for now (Except infinia)
Then there are other people who care less about rewards & more about getting things done the cc way (axis major customer base which can be seen in day to day life n less on this forum)
(This comment is based on my limited interaction)

Technically high spenders care more about rewards & have no other option than axis for now (Except infinia)
Then there are other people who care less about rewards & more about getting things done the cc way (axis major customer base which can be seen in day to day life n less on this forum)
(This comment is based on my limited interaction)
Axis also is more acceptable in dealing with self employed or family business HNIs. For non salaried, Infinia feels like a pipe dream. Hell, even the cc agents have to be chased up multiple times to even get a goddamn card.

Back