• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

"Balance Transfer not available for BoB cards"

rogerthat

TF Ace
So I was trying to do a balance transfer from my BoB Eterna card to SBI Card (both Visa), but an error kept popping up saying the card number is invalid.

I then contacted BoB customer support and was informed that "Balance transfer is not possible for any of the BoB cards". I am hearing something like this for the first time and it sounds super weird. Why would any bank want to not have balance transfer out of their cards? So customer are unable to pay the bills and the bank can earn interest?

What next, disabling the option to make credit card payments? 😝

On another hand, the experience of using BoB cards has not been great. So many exclusions to accelerated rewards that it is difficult to keep track. Milestone points take months to credit and customer support is average at best. Also there are a lot of confusions regarding wallet load.

So I was trying to do a balance transfer from my BoB Eterna card to SBI Card (both Visa), but an error kept popping up saying the card number is invalid.

I then contacted BoB customer support and was informed that "Balance transfer is not possible for any of the BoB cards". I am hearing something like this for the first time and it sounds super weird. Why would any bank want to not have balance transfer out of their cards? So customer are unable to pay the bills and the bank can earn interest?

What next, disabling the option to make credit card payments? 😝

On another hand, the experience of using BoB cards has not been great. So many exclusions to accelerated rewards that it is difficult to keep track. Milestone points take months to credit and customer support is average at best. Also there are a lot of confusions regarding wallet load.
Not all banks offer balance transfer facility, whatever their reasons may be.

HDFC and Axis don't seem to be either.

Back