• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bank Account Portability

asahi

TF Premier
read an article regarding Bank Acc porting. It would be nice to port from One Bank to Another Bank without Changing Acc number .Of course there will be so many challenges for this to happen, but still it would be nice. Example: my closed Sbi acc number, i like it a lot, very easy to remember, but when it comes to Au bank or PNB they’re very long & hard to remember. instead of closing the sbi acc, it would be nice to transfer the same account to other Preferred bank.Article link. I think bank’s won’t agree to this

Last edited:
This is not implemented yet. Anyway IFSC/MICR will change, UPI, netBanking userid password will change. Any actual benefit to it?
I don't think it's even possible to implement! Different banks have different account numbering systems, -- there is no uniformity. The Sol IDs are different, number of digits are different, and so on. And what real benefits are to be gained by even contemplating addressing such a complex non-issue?!

I don't think it's even possible to implement! Different banks have different account numbering systems, -- there is no uniformity. The Sol IDs are different, number of digits are different, and so on. And what real benefits are to be gained by even contemplating addressing such a complex non-issue?!
and on top of these,
the account number has lost its relevance in daily use after the introduction of UPI...
Really in all practical terms, we don't need to remember the account number these days except for occasional use..

Back