• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[** BBD/GIF 2024 **] Best Deals on Laptops, Desktops & Monitors

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

SSV

TF Reserve
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Guys and Gals ,

This thread is specific to discuss BBD / GIF 2024 best deals on Laptops, Desktops and Monitors and repective acceossories..
I am making this post as Wiki post.. Please mention all the relevant details about the best deals available in the first post and discuss them further

I am proposing a format like below.. Please keep the first post very neat and tidy for easier and quicker consumption for all..
Further suggestions are welcomed...
Have fun...

Laptops and Desktops

1) iMac

2) ASUS

3) HP

4)DELL

5 )Lenovo

Monitors

Computer accessories:

Guys and Gals ,

This thread is specific to discuss BBD / GIF 2024 best deals on Laptops, Desktops and Monitors and repective acceossories..
I am making this post as Wiki post.. Please mention all the relevant details about the best deals available in the first post and discuss them further

I am proposing a format like below.. Please keep the first post very neat and tidy for easier and quicker consumption for all..
Further suggestions are welcomed...
Have fun...

Laptops and Desktops

1) iMac

2) ASUS

3) HP

4)DELL

5 )Lenovo

Monitors

Computer accessories:
Please suggest me a good laptop with the following specifications. Planning to buy during BBD.

1. Intel i5-13th Gen U series
2. 16th GB RAM, 512 GB SSD
3. Preferred Brand: Dell, HP, Lenovo
4. Budget: Max 55K

Reactions: SSV
Please suggest me a good laptop with the following specifications. Planning to buy during BBD.

1. Intel i5-13th Gen U series
2. 16th GB RAM, 512 GB SSD
3. Preferred Brand: Dell, HP, Lenovo
4. Budget: Max 55K
Even my budget is same.

CPU
Intel 13, 14 both have issues. So, intel 12 or amd ryzen 5.
U / H variants :
I got inputs like U has better battery and H has better computing.
I actually played around both those laptops at office, there is no perceivable difference for typical workloads.
My office laptop is an intel 8th gen U series Lenoovo thinkpad, still snappy on win 11 and battery is 2-3hr with new battery too.
So, we are good with either of those.
Brand
Lenovo - only thinkpad is good the rest are fragile. Thinkpad is above our budget.
Dell - I had hell with those laptops.
HP - too costly and poor builds
I narrowed to ASUS and heard, this is really trusted for its consistent build quality.
Other brands like msi etc are hit or miss. If they work, its flawless else your lappy will find its new abode in their service center.
Display
A big NO for OLED, still have burn-in issues and delicate enough to break easily. Many users are repenting for its poor durability and lifetime. You may hear that its display is a visual spectacle but the real users never suggest you to go for it.
In fact narrowed to this ... open in mobile browser it shows ~52 K in bank offers
But display seems to be 45% NTSC, which means color reproduction is not good. Right now I am hunting for a 72% NTSC display.

To understand NTSC

Someone on the forum said U series processors are under-clocked processors. Isn't that true? (Sorry if that's a naive question)
U series is good for normal/regular work only with good battery backup and this fits my need. I am not planning to do any highly productive or creative work. So not going with P or H or any series beyond that.

Even my budget is same.

CPU
U / H variants :
I actually played around both those laptops at office, there is no perceivable difference for typical workloads.
My office laptop is an intel 8th gen U series Lenoovo thinkpad, still snappy on win 11 and battery is 2-3hr with new battery too.
Brand
Lenovo - only thinkpad is good the rest are fragile. Thinkpad is above our budget.
I narrowed to ASUS and heard, this is really trusted for its consistent build quality.
Other brands like msi etc are hit or miss. If they work, its flawless else your lappy will find its new abode in their service center.
Display
A big NO for OLED, still have burn-in issues and delicate enough to break easily. Many users are repenting for its poor durability and lifetime. You may hear that its display is a visual spectacle but the real users never suggest you to go for it.
In fact narrowed to this ... open in mobile browser it shows ~52 K in bank offers
But display seems to be 45% NTSC, which means color reproduction is not good. Right now I am hunting for a 72% NTSC display.

To understand NTSC

Any suggestion in Dell and HP?

12th gen is better than 13th gen?
Issues in 13th and 14th gen cpus

Many months ago, gamers began experiencing strange crashes with their 13th and 14th Gen Intel Core i9 CPUs — but that was just the tip of the iceberg.

for desktop cpus almost all affected but for laptop slight risk.

SO better to stick to 12th gen on intel

Is this a concern from a gamer's standpoint alone or as a whole?
Issues in 13th and 14th gen cpus

Many months ago, gamers began experiencing strange crashes with their 13th and 14th Gen Intel Core i9 CPUs — but that was just the tip of the iceberg.

for desktop cpus almost all affected but for laptop slight risk.

SO better to stick to 12th gen on intel

Even my budget is same.

CPU
U / H variants :
Brand
Display

To understand NTSC

good too see bhai u have really done some solid research for laptops..

Add Lenovo LOQ Intel Core i5 12th Gen 12450HX GeForce RTX 2050 to watchlist

Spec highlights:
100% sRGB
144hz display
Nvidia GPU
MS Office 2021

Expected price 48-50k with bank offer on Flipkart

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Back