• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Bank Account to open in India

Delsin

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have following accounts:

1. HDFC Preferred - Salary Account - VISA Platinum Debit for Credit Card Bill Payments
2. SBI Savings - PPF, Atal Pension Yojna, PMJJBY
3. Bank of Maharashtra - First Account - No specific use

I usually keep my additional money in CRED Mint which gives me 9% annually.

I am looking to open a bank account with decent benefits preferably low AMC and good ROI.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks for your time!!

The best option is to try the common banks.

Best App and IT:
  • ICICI
  • IDFC

High Rates
  • IDFC
  • Indusind
  • Small regional banks with insurance cover of 5L

The popular
  • HDFC
  • ICICI
  • SBI
  • Axis

Specific perks and tricks
  • HDFC (1% cc bill pay)
  • IndusInd (0.93% cc billpay, big basket 20%, etc)
  • IOB (lowest Forex)
  • RBL (high rewards debit card)

Last edited:
Never use CRED Mint and all that ..It is highly risky even if its regulated by RBI ... Do you have time to fight the hassle in case anything goes wrong..

Good ROI in terms of FD ?
Then you can go with
- IndusInd , AU Small Fin as they offer 0 balance accounts but IndusInd is high on debit card.
- Kotak 811 or SBI as they are 0 Balance also with low AMC + you can enable Auto Sweep in case you are looking for high ROI on idle funds..But make sure if u enable Autosweep u don't do much transactions.

Not much idea about other small fin banks..they offer highest ROI and low AMC anyways compared to other banks

1. HDFC Preferred - Salary Account - VISA Platinum Debit for Credit Card Bill Payments

I am looking to open a bank account with decent benefits preferably low AMC and good ROI.

Thanks for your time!!
Instead of cred mint u can go for Mobikwik Or 12% club which gives upto 12% for p2p investment

Thanks for your time!!
Can you send invite for cred mint to me ?

@kjs Yeah you are right P2P Lending has its own risks but I usually diversify portfolio in various instruments. Good ROI on FD and probably other benefits attached to the account. Thanks.
@tharun Thanks will give it a try.
@Surendra Sure plese DM your number.

@kjs Yeah you are right P2P Lending has its own risks but I usually diversify portfolio in various instruments. Good ROI on FD and probably other benefits attached to the account. Thanks.
@tharun Thanks will give it a try.
@Surendra Sure plese DM your number.
If one needs higher rate, go for a good mutual fund. The risk is higher and rate is higher.

However, going for p2p is very high risk for low return (yes low return if you consider equity long term).

Bank FDs are not there to take risk. Don’t go for any option without insurance cover.

If losing money is okay, then high risk low return options can be considered. Sometimes I have made these mistakes and considered myself to be penny wise and pound foolish.

Back