• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best card for International ATM withdrawals

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

I am planning a trip to Iceland in November and currently looking for a trusted debit card with 0 Forex markup and low ATM withdrawal fee on international ATMs.

Basis my research I found Fi debit card and also stumbled on IndusInd Indie (MegaStar - Signature DC) as good options. I do have BookmyForex card but it has currency limitations (Iceland Krona not an option). I didn't have a good experience with Niyo's SBM account earlier and plan to carry a backup option (2 in total).

Are Fi (Infinite plan) and IndusInd Signature DC (MegaStar plan) good enough or would it better to look at IndusInd exclusive account. Is IndusInd Signature Exclusive Visa DC or MC DC a better alternative (Can maintain 1L MAB for exclusive account)?

Also, would be great if someone share their personal experience on what charges were actually levied on International ATM withdrawal on their IndusInd Exclusive DC (Visa and MC).

For POS transactions I plan to use my Infinia (with GVP) and Marquee if required.

Help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

ChurningNoob

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Fi Infinite is a good option and as a backup I used to carry NiyoX but they now are charging 500 for atm withdrawal so I'll be switching to indusind exclusive.

So Fi + indusind should be good

Anindya98

TF Premier
As of September 2023, the Niyo Global DCB card (savings account) charges INR 300 plus GST per international ATM withdrawal transaction. The Niyo Global DCB card has zero forex markup, which means there are no additional fees for international transactions.

Hi all,

I am planning a trip to Iceland in November and currently looking for a trusted debit card with 0 Forex markup and low ATM withdrawal fee on international ATMs.

Basis my research I found Fi debit card and also stumbled on IndusInd Indie (MegaStar - Signature DC) as good options. I do have BookmyForex card but it has currency limitations (Iceland Krona not an option). I didn't have a good experience with Niyo's SBM account earlier and plan to carry a backup option (2 in total).

Are Fi (Infinite plan) and IndusInd Signature DC (MegaStar plan) good enough or would it better to look at IndusInd exclusive account. Is IndusInd Signature Exclusive Visa DC or MC DC a better alternative (Can maintain 1L MAB for exclusive account)?

Also, would be great if someone share their personal experience on what charges were actually levied on International ATM withdrawal on their IndusInd Exclusive DC (Visa and MC).

For POS transactions I plan to use my Infinia (with GVP) and Marquee if required.

codenerd

TF Ace
As of September 2023, the Niyo Global DCB card (savings account) charges INR 300 plus GST per international ATM withdrawal transaction. The Niyo Global DCB card has zero forex markup, which means there are no additional fees for international transactions.
Te extra charges can also be levied upon as per the discretion and norms of the local bank fo that country. I have faced it in Thailand with both scenriois where u had to pay beyond 300 and also where I had to pay only 300.

Anindya98

TF Premier
Check this for more details

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Te extra charges can also be levied upon as per the discretion and norms of the local bank fo that country. I have faced it in Thailand with both scenriois where u had to pay beyond 300 and also where I had to pay only 300.
Believe the additional local bank charges for ATM withdrawal will be levied on both Fi and Indus exclusive DC?

rafzy

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

Check out this app named "ATM Fee Saver" in Android (not sure if its available in ios). shows all ATM charges for all countries. Shows ATMs that dont have special charges as well. Check it out.