• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Credit card or forex card for singpore travel

Hello everyone

I’m planning an upcoming trip to Singapore and anticipate spending around ₹2 lakh, including hotel and flight bookings. I live in a tier-2 city where Au Bank and IDFC Bank services are not available.

I have a few questions:

1. I see two types of cards: one is a forex card and the other is a 0% forex card. Which one would be better for my trip?
  2. I tried to book some hotels via Booking.com, and it shows prices in foreign currency. Will this be considered a forex spend?
  3. Which card would you recommend for this trip?
    Currently Holding account in HDFC,ICIC and Kotak
    CC portfolio ICIC Coral, ICIC Amazon card, HDFC millinea

Yes, we get good discounted rates using ITC green points. Even their F&B deals are good.
The problem is there are hardly any ITC hotels outside India
It is only good for domestic travel and tourism.

I only posted this short video to prove that Atlas card is best for his foreign trip

I think Vistara would be a better transfer partner compared to ITC, if you want to go abroad.

The point values of Air France, Air India, Qantas, Spicejet, AirAsia, IHG in group B are much inferior to Vistara.
I have made a thread comparing all the point values of group B partners

Reactions: BVC
Hello everyone

I’m planning an upcoming trip to Singapore and anticipate spending around ₹2 lakh, including hotel and flight bookings. I live in a tier-2 city where Au Bank and IDFC Bank services are not available.

I have a few questions:

1. I see two types of cards: one is a forex card and the other is a 0% forex card. Which one would be better for my trip?
  2. I tried to book some hotels via Booking.com, and it shows prices in foreign currency. Will this be considered a forex spend?
  3. Which card would you recommend for this trip?
    Currently Holding account in HDFC,ICIC and Kotak
    CC portfolio ICIC Coral, ICIC Amazon card, HDFC millinea

1. Go for zero forex cards.
2. Yes, it will be considered as forex spending.
3. You can go for RBL World Safari also. Its pretty good card. I got this card mainly for zero forex benefit & also benefits like travel insurance & lounge access (both domestic & international). The only downside is fee of Rs 3000 but for the 1st year you get Rs 3000 MMT voucher as well which makes it kind of FYF plus for forex spend of 2lac you would save 7000 (excl. GST) in FX fee (assuming 3.5%).

Also, if applying for any card, apply through caskaro to get extra cashback for applying card. Link in my signature.

Last edited:
You can book hotels from Agoda and get the book my forex card.
I did the same when I went to Singapore

Back