• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Hacks to get Upgraded?

Were you ever upgraded to business Class?

• Yes

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
Use your Flying returns points...There are no more "Free Upgrades" in airlines,unless you hold status with them.

Hi TF Community,

I have an upcoming flight with Air India in their new Airbus 350-900.

I was wondering if there are hacks to get an upgrade for free or dirt cheap price?
Purely depends on luck.
But you can try some hacks you can bid for Business Class seats after booking premium economy ticket.
Request at the counter.

Purely depends on luck.
But you can try some hacks you can bid for Business Class seats after booking premium economy ticket.
Request at the counter.
Yes. That's what I am talking about. I have the email from Air India, but they are charging 10K for the upgrade.

I believe rates at the counter would be much cheaper?

Yes. That's what I am talking about. I have the email from Air India, but they are charging 10K for the upgrade.

No rates on the counter will be high compared to the bid in most of the cases. You will receive a link before the fight around 3-5 days before the flight to place a bid. Place the bid just more than the minimum bid amount if you are lucky your flight is empty you will get the upgrade. If you are satisfied with the price then confirm it else leave it.
If you hold a higher status in the FR program then get an upgrade using points.

Hi TF Community,

I was wondering if there are hacks to get an upgrade for free or dirt cheap price?
Unless flight khali ho ya status ho airline ke saath, other than that bahut zyada luck hona chahiye travel wale din.

Else, counter pe request kar lo. Mujhe Vistara pe ek baar free me upgrade mila tha aise hi.

Hi TF Community,

Hi TF Community,

Keep an eye on your inbox for upgrade offers from Air India, If you see reasonable one take it or reach airport a little early ask the check-in staff for a upgrade offer you may get a better deal as Airlines have vested interest in filling the business class seats, be aware that this will only work if there are seats available and Air India A350 business class is kinda demand now...

Sorry for noob question but isn't 10k worth it for business class upgrade?

(P.S. I don't know how airline upgrades work)

Due to my vistara gold status, I have been upgraded from PE to business at least 4-5 times in last 4 years, did not even asked them for upgrade. Though never got Economy to PE auto-upgrade. Despite being star alliance gold, never got complimentary upgrades on AI though.

Due to my vistara gold status, I have been upgraded from PE to business at least 4-5 times in last 4 years, did not even asked them for upgrade. Though never got Economy to PE auto-upgrade. Despite being star alliance gold, never got complimentary upgrades on AI though.
How do you request for upgrades? And how much costly is PE in comparison to Eco in general?

How do you request for upgrades? And how much costly is PE in comparison to Eco in general?
As I said, I never requested for upgrade as I was travelling solo on corporate trips, 2 times it got upgraded at check-in counter, Another 2-3 times at the boarding gate. But this was on Vistara, never happened on Air India. Eco to PE upgrade-> differences are not much, it is not worth to pay cash for this upgrade unless you want higher baggage allowance.

As I said, I never requested for upgrade as I was travelling solo on corporate trips, 2 times it got upgraded at check-in, Another 2-3 times at the boarding gate. But this was on Vistara, never happened on Air India. Eco to PE upgrade-> differences are not much, it is worth to pay cash for this upgrade unless you want higher baggage allowance.
Thanks for the details.

Back