• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Issue Resolved Beware of Credit Card Scammers: My Experience with RBL Bank's Sales Team

The highlighted issue has been resolved by the bank/financial institution.
I recently had an eye-opening experience with a credit card sales executive, Suman Das (Mobile No- 98040**405), from RBL Bank, Kolkata. He contacted me offering a too-good-to-be-true Shoprite Rupay credit card. The benefits he described included zero joining and annual fees, balance transfer facilities, UPI payments, up to 5% cashback on UPI payments, 2.5% cashback on fuel purchases, 10 reward points per ₹100 spent, 1% fuel surcharge waiver, 5% cashback on online and offline shopping, free movie tickets, and access to airport and railway lounges.

Initially, I was skeptical because I couldn't find any information about this card online. When I questioned Suman, he assured me it was a new product, hence no online presence. Trusting him, due to his year-long contact with me, I decided not to apply for myself as I already had the ICON credit card from RBL Bank. However, I suggested my sister apply for it.

Everything seemed legitimate when an RBL representative visited my sister for KYC verification. But, two days later, my sister received a call from the bank, speaking too fast to comprehend fully. She pressed '1' as instructed, and soon got an SMS confirming the upgrade to a World Safari card, which has a joining fee of ₹3000 + 18% GST and an annual fee of ₹3000 + 18% GST. This was alarming since we didn't want a chargeable card.

We immediately contacted RBL customer care and lodged complaints against the misleading sales tactics and requested to cancel the World Safari card. To our dismay, we learned that the Shoprite Rupay card didn't exist.

Thankfully, RBL took our complaint seriously. They apologized for the inconvenience and offered my sister the World Safari card with a lifetime free waiver on all fees. We decided to keep the card under these revised terms.

This experience highlighted the importance of vigilance against scammers like Suman Das. Always verify the authenticity of financial products through official channels to avoid falling victim to such tactics.

Stay cautious and informed to protect yourself from potential credit card scams!

I am attaching the image sent by Suman Das on my WhatsApp.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-07-19 at 11.39.50 PM.webp
    WhatsApp Image 2024-07-19 at 11.39.50 PM.webp
    53.5 KB · Views: 22
This is very well-known tactics of the RBL. They always upsell you the Paid Card by confusion you on call. And they are very happy about it as well.

Most people don't check their CC Statement. They are taking benefit of it.

Back