• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BHIM app is now separate company from NPCI

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
BHIM app is now separate company from NPCI:

The subsidiary named NPCI Bhim Services Limited (NBSL) will aim to meet the growing demand for digital transactions in India and to promote financial inclusion. This development not only aims to strengthen India's own digital payment ecosystem but also reflects a sense of national pride and significance in developing a sovereign digital payments framework, NPCI said.​

National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has hived off the UPI-based payment application Bharat Interface for Money (Bhim) as a separate subsidiary to address the growing demand for digital transactions in the country and to promote financial inclusion, the retail payment body said on Tuesday.

Lalitha Nataraj, a former senior executive at IDFC First Bank, has been appointed as the chief executive officer of the new subsidiary named NPCI Bhim Services Ltd (NBSL). Rahul Handa will be the chief business officer, NPCI said in a statement.

Nataraj was the head of digital partnerships, digital acquisitions and payments at IDFC First Bank.

Handa, who worked at ONDC in his previous stint, had joined NPCI as the business head of Bhim in March this year.

The spin-off of Bhim is an interesting development, given the UPI ecosystem is dominated by Google Pay and Walmart-backed PhonePe. Paytm, the third-largest UPI app, has seen its market share drop after the Reserve Bank of India’s crackdown on its payments bank early this year.

Industry insiders expect NPCI to attempt to grab a significant chunk of the UPI payments market with a focused push through the Bhim arm. It could also look to build new UPI-based payments and credit-based use cases for consumers via the app, they said.

NBSL will be the third major entity of NPCI after National International Payments Ltd (NIPL), which is taking UPI outside India, and National Bharat Billpay Ltd (NBBL), which runs the bill payments ecosystem.

BHIM app is now separate company from NPCI:

The subsidiary named NPCI Bhim Services Limited (NBSL) will aim to meet the growing demand for digital transactions in India and to promote financial inclusion. This development not only aims to strengthen India's own digital payment ecosystem but also reflects a sense of national pride and significance in developing a sovereign digital payments framework, NPCI said.​

National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has hived off the UPI-based payment application Bharat Interface for Money (Bhim) as a separate subsidiary to address the growing demand for digital transactions in the country and to promote financial inclusion, the retail payment body said on Tuesday.

Lalitha Nataraj, a former senior executive at IDFC First Bank, has been appointed as the chief executive officer of the new subsidiary named NPCI Bhim Services Ltd (NBSL). Rahul Handa will be the chief business officer, NPCI said in a statement.

Nataraj was the head of digital partnerships, digital acquisitions and payments at IDFC First Bank.

Handa, who worked at ONDC in his previous stint, had joined NPCI as the business head of Bhim in March this year.

The spin-off of Bhim is an interesting development, given the UPI ecosystem is dominated by Google Pay and Walmart-backed PhonePe. Paytm, the third-largest UPI app, has seen its market share drop after the Reserve Bank of India’s crackdown on its payments bank early this year.

Industry insiders expect NPCI to attempt to grab a significant chunk of the UPI payments market with a focused push through the Bhim arm. It could also look to build new UPI-based payments and credit-based use cases for consumers via the app, they said.

NBSL will be the third major entity of NPCI after National International Payments Ltd (NIPL), which is taking UPI outside India, and National Bharat Billpay Ltd (NBBL), which runs the bill payments ecosystem.
Thanks bhai
Pls share a post how to share our account to get used by our kids upi in their phone?

I agree bhim upi is full of bugs: the weirdest bug I’ve ever faced: showing wrong bank on transaction receipt. Whatever bank account you use or even rupay cc upi, it’s started generating receipts with default bank as the debit account. My money stuck with one of the mutual funds house for a while because of this error, i’ve to contact bhim care & explain everything to them. They took their sweet time to resolve it, & reverted back to
Me. so Many other issues that faced with it

BHIM Is The Worst App UPI With Full of bugs

BHIM &

Rupay

Both Are Worst
Ya, 100% agree with you, why use RuPay when we have better Visa Card, right ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Everyone must use 5% SBI Cashback Visa Credit Card {Tips: use Superpe app (now no invoice ask for latest version) and transfer to bank via UPI at 1.65% charges and earn 5% Cashback}

Credit card bill payment -

You will also get 1% cashback upto 750 on HDFC Platinum DC or 2.5% upto 400 cashback using HDFC Millennia DC.

RBL Signature+ DC - 2% cashback or RBL Enterprise DC - 5% Cashback.

Pay through SBI Unipay, Jio Finance app or Canara Setu website.

Special thanks to @CardSeeker who always inspired me to promote SBI Cashback Visa credit cards and HDFC/RBL Visa Debit Cards.

Earlier, on many occasions, I have repeatedly said - in other threads on failing UPI trxns n slow UPI apps - that the main culprit for slowness n failures is the data connectivity issue.

Luckily, in our housing colony areas (in Hyderabad n in Tirupati - the two places where we live), 5G connectivity is fast n stable.

Hence, ALL my UPI trxns are really fast.

And, I always prefer to do my trxns during 8am-8pm. Almost all servers of all banks, all Apps, all payment gateways n all other intermediaries n agencies are working. No EOD-SOD jobs, No Backup jobs, No shadow balance jobs....

The timing also matters a lot.

Additionally, you need to have a decent 5G enabled and NFC enabled phone. If not, the above two does not matter.

Last edited:
Back