• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Big Win: Got my money refunded from Nobroker.

r1210user

TF Select
This is story of how Amex helped me get refund from Nobroker.

Background: I was sold a property by Nobroker. I paid 75000 as token amount. As per the terms and conditions, if there is any legal/document/ bank loan etc issue, Nobroker will refund me my full amount. We took legal opinion from lawyer, Lawyer told us not to buy the property as property does not have approval from BBMP. We asked Nobroker to refund our money as it is having legal issues. They denied the refund stating that I can get the property legalized post purchase. We posted on Social media, reached out to Nobroker co founders, threatening them with court cases of frauds and cheating. Nobroker was simply asking us to buy the property and get it legalised later.

As I paid the amount using Amex, my wife suggested me to raise a chargeback request with Amex. We shared all the relevant documents, emails and screenshots of communication with Amex as evidence. Amex did its investigating and finally Nobroker accepted chargeback. I got my money refunded into my credit card.

Process I followed to raise chargeback:
I reached out to Amex using chat, asked CSR to raise a dispute on the transaction amount. He immediately raised chargeback. Then I shared all the evidence with Amex charge-disputes@aexp.com.

Dispute timelines:
Total time = 15 days.

I raised dispute on 26 January 2024. Chargeback amount of 75k was credited instantly after raising dispute.
It is finally closed on 10 February 2024.

Last edited:
This is story of how Amex helped me get refund from Nobroker.

Background: I was sold a property by Nobroker. I paid 75000 as token amount. As per the terms and conditions, if there is any legal/document/ bank loan etc issue, Nobroker will refund me my full amount. We took legal opinion from lawyer, Lawyer told us not to buy the property as property does not have approval from BBMP. We asked Nobroker to refund our money as it is having legal issues. They denied the refund stating that I can get the property legalized post purchase. We posted on Social media, reached out to Nobroker co founders, threatening them with court cases of frauds and cheating. Nobroker was simply asking us to buy the property and get it legalised later.

As I paid the amount using Amex, my wife suggested me to raise a chargeback request with Amex. We shared all the relevant documents, emails and screenshots of communication with Amex as evidence. Amex did its investigating and finally Nobroker accepted chargeback. I got my money refunded into my credit card.

Process I followed to raise chargeback:
I reached out to Amex using chat, asked CSR to raise a dispute on the transaction amount. He immediately raised chargeback. Then I shared all the evidence with Amex charge-disputes@aexp.com.
Amex being amex . Noice

Back