• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BizBlack credit card for insurance payment through PayzApp

sgoenka

TF Neo
Hi Everyone, I have 2 questions regarding Biz Black credit card,
1st HDFC website says you earns 5X RPs for bill payments using PayzApp (All PayZapp transactions will be eligible for 5X Reward Points except spends on Clubs,Housing, Rent, Hospital, Education, Donation, Mutual funds, Loans, Credit Card payments,Wallet Load.)
So if I make insurance payment using PayzApp do i earn 5x RPs
If someone has tried the same please reply.

Also to redeem the points is the same smartbuy portal applicable like Infinia or the business Smartbuy portal?(MyBiz Smartbuy)

Has anyone got confirmation that insurance payment via SmartPay (or Payzapp) will get 5X rewards (obv. within capping of 7500)?

BizBlack landing page says
1723096953359.png

But FAQ page says
1723096981156.png

That is, only telecom and utility.

I did a ₹29k LIC insurance directly from LIC website using BizBlack. Got the expected 3.33% RPs.
The FAQs seem to be pretty clear i.e. No bonus RPs on insurance payments via PayZApp.

I did a ₹29k LIC insurance directly from LIC website using BizBlack. Got the expected 3.33% RPs.
The FAQs seem to be pretty clear i.e. No bonus RPs on insurance payments via PayZApp.
Where as if we buy apay voucher and pay it through Amazon pay, we get 13.3% return.

Where as if we buy apay voucher and pay it through Amazon pay, we get 13.3% return.
Correct. When I last checked only Rs 250 APay vouchers were available via SmartBuy + Gyftr with an upper limit of 10k per month. Didn't want to go through the pain of buying 60 Rs 250 APay using the 3 HDFC CCs I had in the family and loading them into one single APay Balance. I was doing this when Rs 5k-10k APay vouchers were available.

What if you may have tried paying not via LIC website, but SmartPay. Then we could have likely confirmed if insurance payments get 5X RPs.

I have an insurance annual premium payment coming up in Nov, so will try then and confirm (if no one does before that!).

What if you may have tried paying not via LIC website, but SmartPay. Then we could have likely confirmed if insurance payments get 5X RPs.

I have an insurance annual premium payment coming up in Nov, so will try then and confirm (if no one does before that!).
I had already maxed out the 5X rewards up to 7500 from an income tax payment of over Rs 70k. So, didn't see the point of bothering with a different platform. I do have it in my mind to experiment with PayZApp and SmartPay when the right opportunity comes along.

One positive observation is that beyond the 5X rewards, you get the regular 1X / 3.33% rewards on tax payments. I didn't even think that was possible when we applied for the card. With SBI having removed rewards on Govt transactions and IDFC having cut down the rewards, now I shall blindly use BizBlack for any Govt payments.

Can anyone confirm if they have actually got the 5X reward points for Insurance and electricity payment ?
I have an 35K insurance payment due on September, if 5X rewards is On, I will divert other bill payments and day to day expenses from infina to bizblack for 50K threshold.

Back