• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB booking.com not accepting DCB for hotel reservation

Gabbar.Singh

TF Select
I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with the payment options on booking.com. I tried to book a hotel reservation using my DCB card, but it was not accepted. I contacted HDFC Bank to complain about this issue, but they did not offer any solution.

Booking.com also told me that RuPay credit cards are not supported by booking.com. This is very inconvenient and frustrating for me.

Any such experience by other members!

iNokia

TF Premier
Itna bhi boycott nahi karna chahiye visa aur MasterCard ko ki sirf diners aur rupay rakhe ho.

Otoh rupay JCB card might work with booking but it puts your booking on hold and asks for front and back photo of card on their fraud prevention website. I didn't proceed after that obviously and went ahead with a visa card.

gambit

TF Buzz
I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with the payment options on booking.com. I tried to book a hotel reservation using my DCB card, but it was not accepted. I contacted HDFC Bank to complain about this issue, but they did not offer any solution.

Booking.com also told me that RuPay credit cards are not supported by booking.com. This is very inconvenient and frustrating for me.

Had same experience, ultimately needed to enter a Visa credit card!

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

It depends on the hotel and not booking dot com actually. In my last Europe trip i did 6-7 bookings through booking dot com. On booking dot com final page whether Diners is accepted or not depends on the hotel. Also most times I do pay at hotel (fully refundable) and payment is done on pos at hotel during check-in. Again it will depend on hotel pos whether diners gets accepted or not..

Last edited:

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge

try through other aggregators
like agoda