• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BSNL Tariff revision July 2024 released

I m not sure how everyone is saying BSNL is cheap
You need to first recharge with Plan voucher n then a STV to get a lower call rate

I m not sure how everyone is saying BSNL is cheap
You need to first recharge with Plan voucher n then a STV to get a lower call rate
Not like that. Above 100 you can recharge with any STV or PV and they carry their own validity. Best is plan 201/1199 which is only available when you sim is in Grace 2 period. Grace 2 period starts when your incoming validity expires. Till 7 days incoming is there it is considered Grace 1 in BSNL.

Ex: Your OG validity of BSNL sim expires on July 10 an you don't recharge.
Grace 1: Till July 17.
Grace 2: From July 18.

Remember if you have main balance, BSNL deducts Rs.2 every alternate to provide OG validity which is also cheaper. At my place BSNL 4G was launched 4 months back and now it providing 30+ Mbps speed. But I am primarily with Jio with advance recharge for a long period done in 2021.

Not like that. Above 100 you can recharge with any STV or PV and they carry their own validity. Best is plan 201/1199 which is only available when you sim is in Grace 2 period. Grace 2 period starts when your incoming validity expires. Till 7 days incoming is there it is considered Grace 1 in BSNL.

Remember if you have main balance, BSNL deducts Rs.2 every alternate to provide OG validity which is also cheaper. At my place BSNL 4G was launched 4 months back and now it providing 30+ Mbps speed. But I am primarily with Jio with advance recharge for a long period done in 2021.
Very interesting post. Thanks. May I ask you for more tips regarding BSNL recharge?

What an eye sore font and design. Even if they offer better prices, they get unnoticed because of this ugly printouts.
cant-unsee-how-to-unsee.gif

Thanks for the info

Hi,
Thanks for the info. But I m still not sure as per their terms your base plan must be live to recharge any STV.
& if your GP 1 expires, the main account balance also expires/ vanishes. It is not like Airtel which bars the calls but the main balance remain intact.

BSNL is good only for people who receive incoming calls this is my personal opinion,

1. No change in Maharashtra Circle announced yet, all plans are the same as before
2. BSNL is required as in some cases like in villages, other telecos dont come as ARPU is less, then there BSNL network is the only one, like in my village

Thanks for the info

Hi,
Thanks for the info. But I m still not sure as per their terms your base plan must be live to recharge any STV.
& if your GP 1 expires, the main account balance also expires/ vanishes. It is not like Airtel which bars the calls but the main balance remain intact.

BSNL is good only for people who receive incoming calls this is my personal opinion,
Don't go by what their terms say. Any plan above Rs.100 don't need an active plan. For below that, as I said you can keep balance below Rs.60 in topup. They will deduct Rs.2 every alternate day and this will keep your number active for Rs.30/month and during active period you can recharge with any STV below Rs.100 and it will provide full validity. This Rs.2 deduction will happen till you have balance in main account. In some circles they deduct Rs.2 every day so there it is like Rs.60/month. All your services including OG Calls/SMS remains active.

How this works?

Ex: 1. You have active plan valid till July 10 and having main balance of Rs.50.

2. Once validity ends at 11:59:59 PM or 12:00AM, in next 15-20 mins they will deduct Rs.2 and you will get validity till July 12 (in some circles where it is Rs.2 per day you will get till July 11 only). So until balance is above Rs.2 they will keep deducting. The IC validity of 7 days also keep increasing with it.

Never keep balance above Rs.75 as in most BSNL numbers base plan is Rs.75 and if you have Rs.75 on date of expiry, they will deduct whole amount and provide 30 days validity with some freebies of calls and data. To check your base plan, just dial *123*3# .

In North and East zone Rs.2 plan gives 2 days validity. Some south circles it is Rs.2/day.

For some number like with me base plan is Rs.106. So I always keep below this.

If your number has no validity for more than 8 days and is in Grace 2, you can recharge with Rs.100 topup and this provides Rs.81.75 Talktime and same day validity. During this period make a call for Rs.7 or send special SMS @Rs.3/SMS and make it below Rs.75 same day. After 12 Midnight, they will deduct Rs.2 and your validity will stay there until balance becomes below Rs.2

I think you should also mention the ₹91 (rate cutter/validity extension), 15paisa/min is basically ₹1.5 for an hour and validity is 60 days before it used to be 90. So if an individual recharges with a talktime of ₹10 with this plan it's more economical than the ₹201 for 90 days which only gives 300mins or so.

(Only for people who have minimal usage or for a little bit of calling/keeping sim active)
This plan is not available in all circles and has only 30 days validity in other circles. This needs an active plan first to stay active. Can be used with Rs.2/day deduction plan and yes call rates are cheap. But total cost will be Rs.60+91 for 60 days. Rs.201 plan costs Rs.160.80 only if done via Amazon pay with RuPay Friday 20% discount offer. Alongwith 300 mins this provides 6GB data + 99 SMS also. So for 160.80 deal is best for 90+7 days Incoming = 97 days. In 98th you are again eligible for it to recharge with 201. Enjoy till BSNL withdraw this 201 plan.

You should add that when you have a talktime balance more than ₹100 they automatically recharge your sim and dont let the balance expire. (Personally hate this automatic thing cuz they recharge with whatever plan)

Also can you help me in understanding if there is any way to recharge with your talk time balance?
As I said in reply to other post above, most BSNL numbers has Rs.75 as base plan, so if someone has 100 balance or even Rs.75 on date of expiry after 12 midnight, they will deduct whole amount and give 30 days validity with some freebies of mins and data or sms. So keep your balance below it.

In past when this auto deduction of Rs.2 was not there, all the balance use to get fortefied after 7 days incoming period but with this atleast people don't lose balance.

To recharge with balance all you need is to dial *444*Plan# Amount like *444*107#. Plans below 100 can be activated with balance only when you have active validity even if you are on Rs.2 plan, it will work flawlessly.

Sometimes due to technical reasons, BSNL Rs.2 deduction stop happening even if you have balance. Even then you should not worry about it as once IC validity expires on 8th day they deduct Rs.2. Happened with me in past. I has Rs.30 and deduction was happening from 10 days and after that it stopped. I though I will lose balance after 7 days but no on 8th day it again deducted Rs.2.

I have much greater experience with all telcos and banks.

At my place BSNL 4G was launched 4 months back and now it providing 30+ Mbps speed.

I have so far kept my BSNL connection alive as the secondary number just to receive incoming calls. But all their plans include some data!

The problem is, at my place (an important, densely populated smaller town) there is only 2G service for last many years! The 3G had stopped working for some reason, but they didn't care to fix it, yet kept on selling composite plans that included data! So I have had to keep on paying for data that I couldn't use!

So now I've had enough, and will port out once my current plan expires. Good riddance!

As I said in reply to other post above, most BSNL numbers has Rs.75 as base plan, so if someone has 100 balance or even Rs.75 on date of expiry after 12 midnight, they will deduct whole amount and give 30 days validity with some freebies of mins and data or sms. So keep your balance below it.

In past when this auto deduction of Rs.2 was not there, all the balance use to get fortefied after 7 days incoming period but with this atleast people don't lose balance.

To recharge with balance all you need is to dial *444*Plan# Amount like *444*107#. Plans below 100 can be activated with balance only when you have active validity even if you are on Rs.2 plan, it will work flawlessly.

Sometimes due to technical reasons, BSNL Rs.2 deduction stop happening even if you have balance. Even then you should not worry about it as once IC validity expires on 8th day they deduct Rs.2. Happened with me in past. I has Rs.30 and deduction was happening from 10 days and after that it stopped. I though I will lose balance after 7 days but no on 8th day it again deducted Rs.2.

I have much greater experience with all telcos and banks.

Bro. You're very knowledgeable. Thanks for sharing these.

If I port to BSNL. What plan should I recharge with - for daily calls & 4G data.

Bro. You're very knowledgeable. Thanks for sharing these.

If I port to BSNL. What plan should I recharge with - for daily calls & 4G data.
Bro, No one is knowledgeable or illiterate. We get everything from here and we leave everything here by sharing with others. Knowledge is knowledge. Either one have it or don't have it. To have it, you have to look for it. The first and foremost rule I learnt after gaining in life is, if you know something, grow it by sharing, never try to keep it to yourself and I think that's what this forum is for too.

Now coming to your question: Use BSNL as Primary only if they have good network at your place and surroundings.

You can port to BSNL at local CSC center. For Rs.100 or even less depend on how much person want to earn, they will offer you Rs.249 FRC plan with 45 days validity with UL calls + 1.5GB/day data and 100SMS. If your usage is less than Rs.201 plan with 90 days OG validity and 300 mins calling + 6GB data will be sufficient. If usage is high then better go for Rs.1999 plan with 365 days validity and 600GB lumpsum data.

For Rs.50 they give you Rs.107 FRCplan when you port in, with 35 days validity and 300 mins call + 3GB data but no SMS. Even OG SMS will not work in this plan without balance.

You can also look at 1199 grace 2 plan (8th day after plan expiry) as I mentioned before. 24GB Data + 100SMS/day + UL Calls for 336 days. It will effectively cost you Rs.107/30 days for UL calls + 2GB per month data. You can then use data vouchers like 151_40GB_30 Days to add more data but BSNL has validity for data packs unlike Jio that adds it till main validity. 411 Plan has 2GB/day data for 90 days and can be used in addition to active pack. But confirm with CC for your circle as it may overwrite current plan. From My BSNL App you can llok for it as there they show whether you can use any plan with active plan or not. If you recharge 1199 grace from Amazon RuPay platinum Friday offer same will cost you Rs.100 less @Rs.1099 effectively costing Rs.98/30 days.

There 797 Plan good if you want to keep number active as for 300 days. For first 60 days of this recharge you get UL Calls + 2GB/day data + 100SMS/day. Visit https://portal2.bsnl.in/myportal/tariffs.do?PREPAID to get all details of plans.

Last edited:
Back