• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Burgundy Magnus VS ICICI Private Emeralde

mastfun

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I know this has been discussed in multiple forums , but in different scenarios :) I need some help in deciding whether to close Burgundy Magnus or not :( I have ICICI Private Emeralde Metal Card:

Here is a comparison of the ICICI Emeralde Private Metal Credit Card and the Axis Burgundy Magnus Credit Card:

The ICICI Emeralde Private Metal Credit Card has a joining/annual fee of Rs. 12,499 + GST. Offers a renewal 12,500 bonus reward points. The reward rate is 6 points per Rs. 200 spent (3%) on most categories like retail, grocery, education and insurance with some monthly caps of 1000 points. The forex markup fee is 2%.

In comparison, the Axis Burgundy Magnus Credit Card has a no annual fee until I maintain 10L in Axis Savings Account. The reward rate ranges from 12-60 Axis EDGE Reward points per Rs. 200 spent based on monthly spends and categories, with 1 point = Rs. 0.20. The forex markup fee is 2%.

Both cards offer unlimited domestic and international lounge access . The ICICI card provides additional golf benefits. For travel benefits, the Axis card gives 8 complimentary VIP airport services while the ICICI card offers milestone rewards of EaseMyTrip vouchers and no cancellation charges on flight/hotel bookings.

In terms of movie and dining, the Axis card provides discounts via BookMyShow (Debit Card) and Dining Delights program - EazyDiner (40% off upto 1000). The ICICI card offers a complimentary EazyDiner Prime membership and up to Rs. 750 off on movie tickets via BookMyShow twice a month.

Both provide 1% fuel surcharge waiver.

The Axis card has an additional milestone benefit of 25,000 bonus points on spending Rs. 1.5 lakh in a month.

In summary, both are super-premium cards with similar fees, rewards and benefits. The ICICI card has an edge on welcome benefits and golf privileges while the Axis card provides higher reward points and milestone bonuses.

My spends will be more than 1.5 only twice a year :) (School fees and Insurance premium) else it wold be less than 1.5 L. Is it worth keeping Axis Burgundy Magnus card by parking 10L in savings :(

1721734348218.webp

I know this has been discussed in multiple forums , but in different scenarios :) I need some help in deciding whether to close Burgundy Magnus or not :( I have ICICI Private Emeralde Metal Card:

Here is a comparison of the ICICI Emeralde Private Metal Credit Card and the Axis Burgundy Magnus Credit Card:

The ICICI Emeralde Private Metal Credit Card has a joining/annual fee of Rs. 12,499 + GST. Offers a renewal 12,500 bonus reward points. The reward rate is 6 points per Rs. 200 spent (3%) on most categories like retail, grocery, education and insurance with some monthly caps of 1000 points. The forex markup fee is 2%.

In comparison, the Axis Burgundy Magnus Credit Card has a no annual fee until I maintain 10L in Axis Savings Account. The reward rate ranges from 12-60 Axis EDGE Reward points per Rs. 200 spent based on monthly spends and categories, with 1 point = Rs. 0.20. The forex markup fee is 2%.

Both cards offer unlimited domestic and international lounge access . The ICICI card provides additional golf benefits. For travel benefits, the Axis card gives 8 complimentary VIP airport services while the ICICI card offers milestone rewards of EaseMyTrip vouchers and no cancellation charges on flight/hotel bookings.

In terms of movie and dining, the Axis card provides discounts via BookMyShow (Debit Card) and Dining Delights program - EazyDiner (40% off upto 1000). The ICICI card offers a complimentary EazyDiner Prime membership and up to Rs. 750 off on movie tickets via BookMyShow twice a month.

The Axis card has an additional milestone benefit of 25,000 bonus points on spending Rs. 1.5 lakh in a month.

In summary, both are super-premium cards with similar fees, rewards and benefits. The ICICI card has an edge on welcome benefits and golf privileges while the Axis card provides higher reward points and milestone bonuses.

My spends will be more than 1.5 only twice a year :) (School fees and Insurance premium) else it wold be less than 1.5 L. Is it worth keeping Axis Burgundy Magnus card by parking 10L in savings :(

View attachment 62154
25000 Points Kab Se Again!! Jago Bhai Jago!! Woh Ache Din gaye kab ke

View attachment 62154
There is a lot of erroneous information.

Regarding Magnus burgundy--
1. For spends over 1.5 lakh in a Calendar month, the return is 14%, not 25000 points.
2. Eazydiner discount is 30%, or 900 to 1000 discount on a bill of 3000 to 3333.
3. Magnus Burgundy provides 4 meet and greet and unlimited international lounge visits + 4 guest visits per calendar year

Last edited:
There is a lot of erroneous information.

Regarding Magnus burgundy--
1. For spends over 1.5 lakh in a Calendar month, the return is 14%, not 25000 points.
2. Eazydiner discount is 30%, or 900 to 1000 discount on a bill of 3000 to 3333.
3. Magnus Burgundy provides 4 meet and greet and unlimited international lounge visits + 4 guest visits per calendar year
So conclusion cancel and move 10L to IDFC with 7.2% ??

M4B with Zero Annual Fees - You can call yourself among group of lucky people who manage to get it, since the same card now comes with whopping 30k + GST annual charge.
By any chance if you have scope to slowly increase your capital with Axis and move from 10l in Saving to 30l in FD, you will have double benefit of having higher returns on your capital along with LTF M4B card.

PS: I also belong from the same group of lucky people who managed to get LTF M4B card :)

Dude , I checked the date of this post like 4 times and checked my phone date if there is any issue.
My barin kept on saying that this is 1 year old post.😂😂😂.

Any way don't ever cancel your M4B LTF card. U wouldn't find any other card like it even today , even after big devaluation. I would suggest to make 30L FD instead of 10L in savings. If possible.
Thanks a lot!!

M4B with Zero Annual Fees - You can call yourself among group of lucky people who manage to get it, since the same card now comes with whopping 30k + GST annual charge.
By any chance if you have scope to slowly increase your capital with Axis and move from 10l in Saving to 30l in FD, you will have double benefit of having higher returns on your capital along with LTF M4B card.

PS: I also belong from the same group of lucky people who managed to get LTF M4B card :)
Thanks a lot Brother!

Back