• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Burgundy not maintaining AQB consequences? And does Burgundy Debit Card enjoy HNI transfer ratio?

Crusader4Credit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had opened Burgudy last September with a deposit of Rs. 5 Lakhs. Have not maintained balance above 50,000 since then. Today I got an SMS from Axis Bank regarding non maintenance of AQB. Can anybody confirm if there will be a penalty/late fee for not maintaining the AQB. The BM had mentioned at the time of opening that the account would simply be downgraded without any charges.

Also does having a Burgundy A/C and Debit card let us transfer ER at the 5:4 ratio? Or do we specificially need an HNI credit card.

I had opened Burgudy last September with a deposit of Rs. 5 Lakhs. Have not maintained balance above 50,000 since then. Today I got an SMS from Axis Bank regarding non maintenance of AQB. Can anybody confirm if there will be a penalty/late fee for not maintaining the AQB. The BM had mentioned at the time of opening that the account would simply be downgraded without any charges.

Also does having a Burgundy A/C and Debit card let us transfer ER at the 5:4 ratio? Or do we specificially need an HNI credit card.
part 1 leaving for anyone who have such experience
Part 2 yes if u have an hni card like magnus then only 5:4 possible else 5:1 only

I dont think there are any non maintenance charges, but you will definitely be downgraded. Once downgraded you will be charged for holding Burgundy debit card ( costs 1500 INR )

No, the transfer ratio is not applicable for Burgundy ddebit cards.

I dont think there are any non maintenance charges, but you will definitely be downgraded. Once downgraded you will be charged for holding Burgundy debit card ( costs 1500 INR )

No, the transfer ratio is not applicable for Burgundy ddebit cards.
Is there a way to opt out of holding a Burgundy debit card post downgrade? I actually wouldn't mind switching to the paid Delight Debit card instead, for the Swiggy offers.

New Axis Bank charges

The most interesting line (not applicable in your case as it doesn't mention Burgundy)
"Non-maintenance fee is not applicable for Premium segment accounts if 25% of required TRV is maintained"
I wonder if that applies to Burgundy. If yes, then you only need to maintain a TRV of 7.5 lakhs instead of 30 lakhs
Interesting indeed. Also now wondering if 25% of 5 lakhs (the initial a/c opening requirement) will do?

Back