• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Buying Amazon gift card with credit card

itachi

TF Buzz
I am no longer able to buy Amazon pay gift card with my sbi cashback credit card. None of my credit cards show up in payment options when I try to purchase one (only UPI/net banking/debit cards show up). I have been experiencing this since 3 weeks ago. I have tried contacting amazon customer care multiple times but got no resolution. Some acknowledge the problem but have no resolution to the matter while some argue that it is not allowed to buy GC with CCs according to new RBI guidelines (WTF?). One of the customer care executives also mentioned that my amazon account has been flagged which resulted in the credit card option has been disabled while pirchasing amazon pay gift cards and that they are working on fixing this, this was around 15 days ago.

Wondering if anyone else here has faced this?

Last edited:
Same in my case.

I used to Add Rs. 100 into amazon pay using credit card to keep Credit card alive just by doing one transaction and I used amazon a lot so sometime to load wallet.

I am no longer able to buy Amazon pay gift card with my sbi cashback credit card. None of my credit cards show up in payment options when I try to purchase one (only UPI/net banking/debit cards show up). I have been experiencing this since 3 weeks ago. I have tried contacting amazon customer care multiple times but got no resolution. Some acknowledge the problem but have no resolution to the matter while some argue that it is not allowed to buy GC with CCs according to new RBI guidelines (WTF?). One of the customer care executives also mentioned that my amazon account has been flagged which resulted in the credit card option has been disabled while pirchasing amazon pay gift cards and that they are working on fixing this, this was around 15 days ago.

This has happened to me last year..
I purchased 20K gift card from CC, and then my CC option was blocked for nearly 3-4 months 🤣 but only blocked for purchasing gift cards.. not for shopping

How much worth of GC did you purchase tho?

How much worth of GC did you purchase tho?
Bought 3k first
Bought 10k after a couple of weeks
Wanted to buy another 10k righter after but faced this problem. Tried again with reduced amounts and got lucky with the amount of 7k .
Faced the same problem after that regardless of GC value.

Got lucky again after a few days but it only allowed the GC value of 3k.

Bought 3k first
Bought 10k after a couple of weeks
Wanted to buy another 10k righter after but faced this problem. Tried again with reduced amounts and got lucky with the amount of 7k .
Faced the same problem after that regardless of GC value.

Got lucky again after a few days but it only allowed the GC value of 3k.
Amazon has following limits on using credit card to buy gift cards

₹ 30,000 in 30-days ₹ 40,000 in 60-days ₹ 50,000 in 90-days

This may be the reason.

Amazon has following limits on using credit card to buy gift cards

₹ 30,000 in 30-days ₹ 40,000 in 60-days ₹ 50,000 in 90-days

This may be the reason.
Oh didn’t know this. Thanks for the info! This also explains why at times I was able to purchase GC of random values by CC.

I am able to buy Amazon pay gift cards from gyftr through my Magnus and Infinia (through smartbuy) cards.

Did anyone else see that we are able to purchase 50K Rs Amazon Gift card from Giftedge while in t&c it is written that 10K is the Limit.

Just to confirm, apart from the limits for purchase of amazon gift cards from amazon.in , even the "Add Money" option is no longer allowing credit cards ( for everyone ), right ? Or is it just me.

Back