• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Buying Gold for 10L

Imadumbass

TF Buzz
Hey folks, for some wedding expense in the family, I’ll be buying gold for approximately 10L to 15L around August of this year.

I had a Citi IOC card (limit 6L something) HDFC regalia (6L) both of which are being closed right now.

With the help of members here, I got myself an Amex trifecta (plat travel 8L, MRCC 5L, gold charge), also the reason I’m closing my regalia is because I got an approval for dcb metal (no clue what the limit would be) and I need to close my existing card before getting the new one.

Thank you for reading so far. Now onto the issue, I saw a post here from a few days ago about Amex not allowing Gold/Jewellery purchases for the first 6 months. I got my cards this month, so 6 months would mean November. Is there any workaround, like has anyone had an experience where they were able to get this restriction removed after talking to Amex cc.

If that doesn’t work, how’s DCB acceptability with jewelleries (Joy Alukkas, Malabar Gold etc ) and does anyone know if they too have any such restriction on gold purchase ?

Looking for any insight, plan was to use the travel for a few lakhs and then use dcb (paving a way for infinia at some point).

dungeonMaster

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Buy amazon vouchers from smartbuy, then buy respective jewellers voucher from amazon. You'll get discount from amazon and points from smartbuy.

Not sure but maybe they accept amazon shopping vouchers for these vouchers i think.

Imadumbass

TF Buzz
Buy amazon vouchers from smartbuy, then buy respective jewellers voucher from amazon. You'll get discount from amazon and points from smartbuy.

Not sure but maybe they accept amazon shopping vouchers for these vouchers i think.

buy from tanish via tata nue using dcb
or keep buying small denomiation gold vouchers from smartbuy daily
Thank you for the responses. I saw on this forum about a 10k limit for gold vouchers, wouldn’t that be an issue ?

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hey folks, for some wedding expense in the family, I’ll be buying gold for approximately 10L to 15L around August of this year.

I had a Citi IOC card (limit 6L something) HDFC regalia (6L) both of which are being closed right now.

With the help of members here, I got myself an Amex trifecta (plat travel 8L, MRCC 5L, gold charge), also the reason I’m closing my regalia is because I got an approval for dcb metal (no clue what the limit would be) and I need to close my existing card before getting the new one.

Thank you for reading so far. Now onto the issue, I saw a post here from a few days ago about Amex not allowing Gold/Jewellery purchases for the first 6 months. I got my cards this month, so 6 months would mean November. Is there any workaround, like has anyone had an experience where they were able to get this restriction removed after talking to Amex cc.

If that doesn’t work, how’s DCB acceptability with jewelleries (Joy Alukkas, Malabar Gold etc ) and does anyone know if they too have any such restriction on gold purchase ?

Looking for any insight, plan was to use the travel for a few lakhs and then use dcb (paving a way for infinia at some point).
Amex has reliance jewels on multiplier / dcb jewellery purchase has no limits ( some fair usage at card level overall ) / amazon vouchers for jewellery via smart buy / Jewelry vouchers on multiplier and smart buy for other brands also available.. combo will help..

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Amex has reliance jewels on multiplier / dcb jewellery purchase has no limits ( some fair usage at card level overall ) / amazon vouchers for jewellery via smart buy / Jewelry vouchers on multiplier and smart buy for other brands also available.. combo will help..
Which Brand vouchers are available on Smartbuy related to gold purchase?

Imadumbass

TF Buzz

keep buying over months
and with amex and dcb both
Thank you both ! I’ll cross check if Amex has the 6 month limit on reliance n stuff as well. I may just end up going for gold coins at this point. I’m not a fan of buying gold ornaments per se. DCB should come in 10 days, my regalia was closed as of Saturday and I applied for dcb from the local branch today. It will be truly hilarious if HDFC rejects me now because I’d have lost a ltf regalia and no dcb.