• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can Booking.com or (Indian) hotels still charge me if I all block domestic & international transactions on my card?

pleasegiveltf

TF Select
I made a booking through Booking.com today and had to give my credit card details to "guarantee" the booking. I know hotels take CC info to charge it later on in case we don't pay up. A couple of hours later I realized I booked wrong dates! I tried to cancel it but nope - there's a cancellation fee (100%) of the booking amount.

I've asked the hotel for an update to the booking dates and they're yet to respond. Meanwhile I've gone ahead and blocked all domestic and international transactions on my Axis Bank Credit Card (thanks, RBI!).

Question:
1. Can Booking.com still charge me with my CC details?
2. Can the hotel charge me (booking.com forwards the cc details to the hotel)?
3. If they haven't charged me for a while can I safely unblock the card?
4. Should I just permanently block my card get a new card delivered instead?

PS: I know Booking.com doesn't need an OTP to charge me since they're an international merchant. :/

I made a booking through Booking.com today and had to give my credit card details to "guarantee" the booking. I know hotels take CC info to charge it later on in case we don't pay up. A couple of hours later I realized I booked wrong dates! I tried to cancel it but nope - there's a cancellation fee (100%) of the booking amount.

I've asked the hotel for an update to the booking dates and they're yet to respond. Meanwhile I've gone ahead and blocked all domestic and international transactions on my Axis Bank Credit Card (thanks, RBI!).

Question:
1. Can Booking.com still charge me with my CC details?
2. Can the hotel charge me (booking.com forwards the cc details to the hotel)?
3. If they haven't charged me for a while can I safely unblock the card?
4. Should I just permanently block my card get a new card delivered instead?

PS: I know Booking.com doesn't need an OTP to charge me since they're an international merchant. :/
Generally, then don't charge and if you have blocked the card, highly likely it's not even possible for them to charge you. Will advise you to use a dummy card next time.

Back