• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can having multiple bank accounts with different mobile numbers cause any issue with CKYC?

CosmicCat

TF Ace
Hi there,

My brother has an SBI account on which my father deposits some of his money as an investment. In that account, my father has provided his own secondary phone number instead of my brother's own, and the CKYC of my brother also has the same phone number registered.

Now, since my brother will start his college soon, I recently opened a Bank of Baroda account for him for general expenses, for which I have provided his own mobile number.

Since a CKYC record can have only a single phone number and email at a time, will that cause any issues with either of these banks? Need insights from anyone who is using different mobile numbers in different bank accounts.

Thank you.

Since a CKYC record can have only a single phone number and email at a time, will that cause any issues with either of these banks? Need insights from anyone who is using different mobile numbers in different bank accounts.
There's no single concept .....

If you change .... might in ckyc record too it will be updated as you give new details each time ....

Last edited:
There's know single concept .....

If you change .... might in ckyc record too it will be updated as you give new details each time ....
Obviously, it would be. Since mobile number is one of the primary keys in a CKYC record, I'm afraid it could cause issues with his SBI account (Older account; with our dad's mobile number).

Hope anyone who is actually using different mobile numbers in different bank accounts would answer this question.

Last edited:
Hope anyone who is actually using different mobile numbers in different bank accounts would answer this question.
Initially I used my father's mobile no. as his number exist in aadhar.

So my father and I had same mobile number for a particular time .... 3 years back,

later I changed in aadhar and I opened an ac in kotak

So my number is different in my regional grameen bank and in kotak ....

No problem I faced .....

And when it comes to sbi with same number ...

While login via yono app, you might need that sim and you can not access both ac simultaneously as cust ID differs unless both cust id's are tagged as family ....

Obviously, it would be. Since mobile number is one of the primary keys in a CKYC record, I'm afraid it could cause issues with his SBI account (Older account; with our dad's mobile number).

I'm using 2 different numbers for my bank accounts & credit cards. No issues.
CKYC keeps on updating with the latest information provided by bank / credit card.

There isn't any issue with having different nos. for different accounts. I am using different nos. for different accounts. Haven't faced any issues as such.

I'm using 2 different numbers for my bank accounts & credit cards. No issues.
CKYC keeps on updating with the latest information provided by bank / credit card.
There isn't any issue with having different nos. for different accounts. I am using different nos. for different accounts. Haven't faced any issues as such.
Thank you to you both. That's a relief.

Back