• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can I cancel the card without paying joining fee?

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I was offered ICICI Rubyx Dual as free card from 3rd party. They are claiming it would be LTF but I am not 100% sure if its really free or they are just lying to make a comission by subscribing me.

Let's say I take that card, when I recieve the card if it's not LTF can I cancel the card immediately without paying any fee?

If you're unsure about it, don't go ahead. If you cancel the card immediately your CIBIL score could get affected.

ICICI Rubyx does get offered as LTF often but it's not worth the risk for this particular card, IMHO.

I was offered ICICI Rubyx Dual as free card from 3rd party. They are claiming it would be LTF but I am not 100% sure if its really free or they are just lying to make a comission by subscribing me.

Let's say I take that card, when I recieve the card if it's not LTF can I cancel the card immediately without paying any fee?
They will give you some documents or mention on form or on phone call ( during verification) if it is LTF..

Take a written confirmation and record them on call. Btw in my opinion don't trust third party for LTF card as they would say anything to sell the card to you.

If you're unsure about it, don't go ahead. If you cancel the card immediately your CIBIL score could get affected.

ICICI Rubyx does get offered as LTF often but it's not worth the risk for this particular card, IMHO.
They will give you some documents or mention on form or on phone call ( during verification) if it is LTF..
Take a written confirmation and record them on call. Btw in my opinion don't trust third party for LTF card as they would say anything to sell the card to you.

I wrote an email to ICICI and cancelled the application. It didn't look like it was an LTF.
Thank you for your replies :)

If the card is not activated, I dont think the Bank can charge the joining fees, nor can they report the limit to CIBIL. Ideally the CIBIL score should not get affected, except for whatever effect on account of any hard inquiry for card issuance.

If the card is not activated, I dont think the Bank can charge the joining fees, nor can they report the limit to CIBIL. Ideally the CIBIL score should not get affected, except for whatever effect on account of any hard inquiry for card issuance.
They do charge the joining fee irrespective of whether you activate or not. However, if you close the card without activation then they reverse the charges.

Based on my recent experience with SBI Elite.

I wrote an email to ICICI and cancelled the application. It didn't look like it was an LTF.
Hye there,
I have an urgent situation can you please help me out ?
Recently I got a call from a banking agent for ICICI bank credit card.

I wanted to enroll for the free platinum credit card but without my knowledge he selected the Chennai Super King credit card which has a joining fee of 500.

I only got the application confirmation mail till now.

What steps should I follow to cancel or change the credit card and avoid paying the joining
fee ?

Hye there,
I have an urgent situation can you please help me out ?
Recently I got a call from a banking agent for ICICI bank credit card.

I wanted to enroll for the free platinum credit card but without my knowledge he selected the Chennai Super King credit card which has a joining fee of 500.

I only got the application confirmation mail till now.

What steps should I follow to cancel or change the credit card and avoid paying the joining
fee ?
Just email customersupport@icicibank.com
With the application number.
Don't worry about it. Even if they deliver it, don't accept it.

Back