• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can I get idfc wealth account in less that 10 lacs.

ashish216

TF Buzz
I am opening fresh account in IDFC First bank. They are saying minimum requirement is 10L for wealth account. Also, I agreed than while opening wealth account and then I was not getting option of wealth account as they already said I have customer id in their bank because of Flipkart BNPL. So, they opened regular account and told me to add 10L funds and they will request it to convert it into wealth account in a week. I tried negotiating with them for lower funds for wealth account but they said it was not possible. What should I do?

I am opening fresh account in IDFC First bank. They are saying minimum requirement is 10L for wealth account. Also, I agreed than while opening wealth account and then I was not getting option of wealth account as they already said I have customer id in their bank because of Flipkart BNPL. So, they opened regular account and told me to add 10L funds and they will request it to convert it into wealth account in a week. I tried negotiating with them for lower funds for wealth account but they said it was not possible. What should I do?
Bhai pata chale to mujhe bhi batana, mai bhi 6 mahine se yahi try ker raha hu.

Close the existing account and move on to a different branch. They are giving you goli. There is no option to open a Wealth account directly you have to do an IF can be negotiated based on your skills. Generally, most of the branches give at 5L IF. Then after 2-3 weeks, they will take your consent for Wealth Account within 2-3 days it will converted to Wealth account.
Having Flipkart BNPL doesn't affect it.

Thank you for your response. One thing is that there is only one branch within 50km area that's the main concern.The RM i met showed me their circular for wealth account there it was 10L for wealth and 3L for select. I tried but couldn't negotiate properly i guess.....(p.s I'm a newbie in this..so some tips may help to achieve good or great negotiation thanks!). Also please tell me what IF is. Thanks

Thank you for your response. One thing is that there is only one branch within 50km area that's the main concern.The RM i met showed me their circular for wealth account there it was 10L for wealth and 3L for select. I tried but couldn't negotiate properly i guess.....(p.s I'm a newbie in this..so some tips may help to achieve good or great negotiation thanks!). Also please tell me what IF is. Thanks
I live in tier 2 city

IDFC has no home branch concept you can open an account in any of the branches. How much funding can you do now? Based on that I can suggest you the next steps.

I have 10L funding right now. And I need wealth account in least funds possible
Just go to iDFC and give them a 10L cheque, they will open wealth account directly. Let the funds stay there for 30 days, and after that you can withdraw as much you want.

Do note you are still get higher interest rates on that 10L deposit, so its not a loss

Back