• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can I get my 3rd AMEX card i.e SmartEarn

ujjwal2024

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I already have 2 cards. MRCC and Platinum Travel...I think SmartEarn is also a good option as fee waiver criteria is only rs. 40000 which can be easily achieved by me by spending Rs. 1000 monthly in Amazon and Rs.2500 Monthly in Blinkit.
My question is Will I get that card if I apply it?

Solution
I already have 2 cards. MRCC and Platinum Travel...I think SmartEarn is also a good option as fee waiver criteria is only rs. 40000 which can be easily achieved by me by spending Rs. 1000 monthly in Amazon and Rs.2500 Monthly in Blinkit.
Amex allows only 2 credit card and 1 charge card to a person. You can't get smartearn unless you close one of MRCC and plat travel.

You can instead get Gold charge card or platinum charge card as 3rd card though

PS - you have wait for 30 days to apply for next card after closing. My application was rejected for applying 15 days after closing

Kindly Mark as solution @vaibhav111
Amex allows only 2 credit card and 1 charge card to a person. You can't get smartearn unless you close one of MRCC and plat travel.

PS - you have wait for 30 days to apply for next card after closing. My application was rejected for applying 15 days after closing

Last edited:
  • Lovely
Reactions: SSV
Solution
I just contactd AMEX Chat and they told I can not apply for SmartEarn as their policy is Maximum 2 credit card and 1 Charge Card...as MRCC and Travel is both credit card, I can not have one more credit card...But I can have gold charge or platinum charge card

Last edited:
I contactd AMEX Chat and they told I can not apply for SmartEarn as their policy is Maximum 2 credit card and 1 Charge Card...as MRCC and Travel is both credit card, I can not have one more credit card...But I can have gold charge or platinum charge card
Yes , this is correct..

Thanks for letting us know the cool down period after closing the card for applying for another card…

Yes this post should be marked as solution !!

But I am disapppinted as SmartEarn with referral is really beneficial, you get free 2000 RP and it is very easy to get annual waiver and also RP return is around 17%

So if I find 4L spend on PT is cumbersome and renewal offer is not great, I will cancel PT and take smartearn...In this way, officially, No annual fee for both MRCC and Smartearn
Yes you can close platinum travel before renewal and apply for SE and keep your expenses tight and get the fee waiver after meeting the annual fee waiver on both…

Back