• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can I Pay Electricity Bills with Amazon Gift Cards Purchased on SBI CC?

Ekavya

TF Premier
Can I buy Amazon Gift Cards using my SBI Cashback Credit Card and pay my electricity bill with them? Is there a limit on how much gift card balance I can purchase?

Solution
Can I buy Amazon Gift Cards using my SBI Cashback Credit Card and pay my electricity bill with them?
Yes, but electricity bill has a limit of 15K. If your bill is above 15K, then you can't use amazon pay balance.

Source: Screenshot_20240929-214531~2.webp

Is there a limit on how much gift card balance I can purchase?
Yes, there are few restrictions here as well. Also, amazon can remove the credit card option from your account permanently without any warnings. So, please use it wisely.

Source:
Screenshot_20240929-214348~2.webp
You can buy agv using sbi cc from Amazon. And pay electricity bill. You can buy 30k agv from Amazon with cc first time. There are some monthly and quarterly limit which can kick in after that.

You can also buy agv from tata neu using sbi cc. 10k should be monthly limit there.

Can I buy Amazon Gift Cards using my SBI Cashback Credit Card and pay my electricity bill with them?
Yes, but electricity bill has a limit of 15K. If your bill is above 15K, then you can't use amazon pay balance.

Source: Screenshot_20240929-214531~2.webp

Is there a limit on how much gift card balance I can purchase?
Yes, there are few restrictions here as well. Also, amazon can remove the credit card option from your account permanently without any warnings. So, please use it wisely.

Source:
Screenshot_20240929-214348~2.webp

Solution
You can buy agv using sbi cc from Amazon. And pay electricity bill. You can buy 30k agv from Amazon with cc first time. There are some monthly and quarterly limit which can kick in after that.

You can also buy agv from tata neu using sbi cc. 10k should be monthly limit there.
Tata NEU eligible for 5% CB? And I hope I won't get any rewards if I pay Electricity Bill via Amazon using Cashback CC?

Source: View attachment 70521

Source:
View attachment 70522
I another Query. If I have a two bills of 14k + 14 k = 28 k . The can I pay both the bills using Amazon Pay Balance? Or I can only pay 14k (onebill) as the limit is crossing

I another Query. If I have a two bills of 14k + 14 k = 28 k . The can I pay both the bills using Amazon Pay Balance? Or I can only pay 14k (onebill) as the limit is crossing
Yes, in that case you can pay 14k and another bill at 14k.

It's just as soon as the electricity board fetches amount, which is greater than 15K, amazonpay option will be disabled and upi will be available.

Back