• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can I transfer Edge Rewards to my friend's new Marriott Bonvoy account?

varsheel4

TF Buzz
I have Edge Rewards but I do not plan on taking a trip anytime soon. However, my friend is planning a trip in a few months and he wants to use Marriott Bonvoy points but he is short ~40k points. I would have transferred ER to my Marriott account and then transferred to his account but the problem is that I just made a Marriott Bonvoy account today. And as per Marriott TnC for transfer, the account must be at least 90 days old to make a transfer to another member account.

It would be easier if I just link my friend's Marriott account to my Axis ER and transfer the points directly to his Marriott account. But is this allowed? And would it cause any issues with Axis bank?

What is the solution here? Appreciate any help

i havent tried it but it must be allowed people here are dealing in points on taht basis
Just because other people do it, it doesn't mean it's allowed.

Monkey see, monkey do!

We gotta stop this kind of mindset, the cause of many issues around.

No, it's not allowed as per TnC for both Axis EdgeRewards and also for Marriot Bonvoy.

Earlier this year Marriot Bonvoy started allowing transfers within the Bonvoy program members if their accounts are in good standing, meet certain criteria and transfers up to certain limits.

Axis and whatever partnering systems were allowing such thing to happen. Transfers were instant earlier on so probably automated.
Now these transfers take longer than usual as if someone was verifying them and approving them. Verifying what? Could be that the way points were earned doesn't include "illegitimate" ways as per Axis TnC or they could be verifying that the recipient account matches your details, or both.

I haven't heard of anyone losing points this way, at worst the transfer request will bounce from what other forum members have posted here.

I have Edge Rewards but I do not plan on taking a trip anytime soon. However, my friend is planning a trip in a few months and he wants to use Marriott Bonvoy points but he is short ~40k points. I would have transferred ER to my Marriott account and then transferred to his account but the problem is that I just made a Marriott Bonvoy account today. And as per Marriott TnC for transfer, the account must be at least 90 days old to make a transfer to another member account.

It would be easier if I just link my friend's Marriott account to my Axis ER and transfer the points directly to his Marriott account. But is this allowed? And would it cause any issues with Axis bank?

What is the solution here? Appreciate any help
Yes,for ITC & Marriott

Back