• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can we add amex gold charge if you already have MRCC

TheCardBuzz

TF Buzz
Hi,

I currently have an MRCC card. On going through the product catalog of American Express, I realized that having a Gold Charge Card along with MRCC would be the best way to optimize my spending and rewards.

Consequently, I will apply for a Gold Charge Card. My query is that if I get a Gold Charge Card then can I link my existing MRCC with that? If that is possible, I expect to pay the fees on my Gold Charge Card and have my MRCC card as an LTF card.

Additionally, I have earned reward points on my current MRCC which I would to keep and redeem in the future.

As the situation that I have laid out above, I had a word with your customer care executives. The reply that I got was that I cannot link my existing MRCC card with the Gold Charge Card that I will apply for. They told me to get a new MRCC issued as a supplementary card to the Gold Charge Card. Also, they informed me that I would have to redeem the existing MR points that I have and they will not be transferred to the new MRCC which I will get with the Gold Charge Card.

1. Can I get my existing MRCC linked with the Gold Charge Card that I will apply for in the future?
2. If not, I will have to apply for Gold Charge Card and then apply for MRCC as a supplementary card. If that is the case, will my existing MR points be transferred to the new MRCC account?

Hi,

I currently have an MRCC card. On going through the product catalog of American Express, I realized that having a Gold Charge Card along with MRCC would be the best way to optimize my spending and rewards.

Consequently, I will apply for a Gold Charge Card. My query is that if I get a Gold Charge Card then can I link my existing MRCC with that? If that is possible, I expect to pay the fees on my Gold Charge Card and have my MRCC card as an LTF card.

Additionally, I have earned reward points on my current MRCC which I would to keep and redeem in the future.

As the situation that I have laid out above, I had a word with your customer care executives. The reply that I got was that I cannot link my existing MRCC card with the Gold Charge Card that I will apply for. They told me to get a new MRCC issued as a supplementary card to the Gold Charge Card. Also, they informed me that I would have to redeem the existing MR points that I have and they will not be transferred to the new MRCC which I will get with the Gold Charge Card.

1. Can I get my existing MRCC linked with the Gold Charge Card that I will apply for in the future?
2. If not, I will have to apply for Gold Charge Card and then apply for MRCC as a supplementary card. If that is the case, will my existing MR points be transferred to the new MRCC account?
I have both
But both paid
Mrcc I spend 1.5l so waiver
Gold charge I use for fuel but noway have to pay annual charges

Amex keeps one reward account for cards where reward redemption follows the same structure. Reward points for MRCC and Gold Charge, and SmartEarn can all be redeemed in the same way for the same rewards, including 18K and 24K collections.

So you can take a Gold Charge card, points earned on it will accrue in your existing rewards account, then cancel your existing MRCC, it'll not affect your existing points balance - since you've another card, your new Gold charge, to keep that wallet active - and then apply for a new MRCC as supplementary.

Amex keeps one reward account for cards where reward redemption follows the same structure. Reward points for MRCC and Gold Charge, and SmartEarn can all be redeemed in the same way for the same rewards, including 18K and 24K collections.

So you can take a Gold Charge card, points earned on it will accrue in your existing rewards account, then cancel your existing MRCC, it'll not affect your existing points balance - since you've another card, your new Gold charge, to keep that wallet active - and then apply for a new MRCC as supplementary.
Great job
Only exception plat travel points are separate bucket rest like mrcc se and gold all clubbed

How can you tell how many mr from plat travel? My account just shows the same total for all my cards.
As long as we see accumulation it shows combined but u can’t redeem the plat travel part of points to gold carats
This is my friends experience
I have smartearn mrcc and gold charge so my category of 3 cards no issues I can redeem for anything together

I have MRCC. I am getting automated calls from Amex which explains Platinum Travel Card to me and asks if you want to upgrade press 1. What is this?
Is it pre approved?
Do I need to pay joining fee?
Should I apply for Plat Travel or Gold card or nothing?
If yes then shouldn't I apply through referral link for FYF offer and Rewards benefit?

My gold charge anniversary is by October
If waiver or concession not given i threat to close
Will update in October
Great. I think consistent use and old relationship should be able to get this. make good use of escalation matrix :)

Back