• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can we get Reward Points on HDFC Bank Credit Card EMI Transactions?

Cierdo

TF Select
Hey Guys, is anyone aware whether we get reward points for EMI transaction done on POS using HDFC Bank Credit Card?
The card page states that Easy EMI and Smart EMI transactions do not provide reward points, however, I am not sure under what umbrella do POS EMI transactions fall. If anyone has any experience with this, please share.

Solution
Hey Guys, is anyone aware whether we get reward points for EMI transaction done on POS using HDFC Bank Credit Card?
The card page states that Easy EMI and Smart EMI transactions do not provide reward points, however, I am not sure under what umbrella do POS EMI transactions fall. If anyone has any experience with this, please share.
No, EMI Transactions are not eligible for reward points.
No, EMI Transactions are not eligible for reward points.

Solution
Turns out only smartbuy EMI transactions are eligible for Bonus reward points. You dont get the base reward points in that case.
The base reward points are initially posted, but reversed on the day EMI is activated.
Tried and tested.

Turns out only smartbuy EMI transactions are eligible for Bonus reward points. You dont get the base reward points in that case.
The base reward points are initially posted, but reversed on the day EMI is activated.
Tried and tested.
Thanks.. I have even asked on them via email, they didn't clarify it properly, especially base reward points missing part.

Back