• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can we have discussion about quality of credit card materials?

PapaSierra

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
The worst card, quality wise, I have is Indusind Legend. The PVC material is thinner than all the other cards and bends easily. The print quality is pixelated. I might print a better card from local shop.

The best quality card, I own, is HDFC Bank Infinia Metal. It has considerable heft and feels solid. The print quality is also excellent with etched name and card number. I would have preferred better colours but it looks better in person than in photos. Due to its weight and feel, whenever handing it out for payments it almost always gets a second look.

I had HDFC Bank DCB previously in the completely black avatar. Though the material thickness was normal, the card being all black, looked super cool. If ever launched in metal version and same color scheme, this would be one of the coolest looking cards.

Axis Bank Magnus has the best design out of all the cards I have currently. The metal is thinner than the Infinia, but the black card with purple feather design looks very elegant. The print quality is top notch. Vertical card design also makes it stand out.

The last in the list is SBI Simply Save, which is with least limit but is the second best design out of cards I own currently. The irradiant blue mandala type design is quite intricate with rupee symbols and looks premium.

Would like others to chip in with photos and views about designs of their cards.

Attachments

• 20230512_192256.jpg
    20230512_192256.jpg
    977.1 KB · Views: 86
American Express Gold Card gives a classy and a premium look despite the fact it is not made of metal.

SBI Vistara Prime is one of my favourites when it comes to design. Wish I could say the same about SBI's customer service.

BoB Cards have the worst design. Looks like someone has pasted cheap wallpaper over the cards. 🤣

SBI Cashback - glossy, clean, nice design. Nothing special but keeps it simple and clean

HDFC Tata neu plus. The Neu logo, I hate it. Don't like the colours. Basic plastic

IDFC Select - beautiful design though simple plastic

ICICI Platinim. Zero effort in terms of design. The worst of what i have

Citi Indian Oil. Looks dull

Bob Premier - not bad, the JCB logo ruins it.

Indus legend. Already enough said about this horror

SBI SimplyClick - clean and classy

Axis Myzone - axis cards, i find them too dark and dull in terms of colours. It's alright

Citi Rewards. Beautiful design with a great 3d effect.

ICICI Apay. As expected, zero effort. But looks better than ICICI Platinum as they literally do nothing hence keeping it clean

OneCard. Classy, clean, dark, metal. The best among the ones i have

Fi debit - clean, bold colour choice and pull it off well

HDFC Easyshop platinum debit - clean and simple

Magnus. Metal doesn't have enough heft, too dark for my liking but it's classy.

Priority pass : beautiful gold coloured font on black, executed very well. Classy

Back