• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can we transfer Credit limit of one card to another in SBI

viswateja

TF Select
Hi,

I do have an SBI elite credit card with high limit, and I do have SBI cash back credit card. Can I transfer balance from elite to cash back.

Reactions: BVC
Hi,

I do have an SBI elite credit card with high limit, and I do have SBI cash back credit card. Can I transfer balance from elite to cash back.
Pls use the correct designation it should be in Sbi not in super premium irrespective of it branding plus Sbi elite it for 3k plus gst only card of 50k fees will be in super premium section and regarding this transfer of limit you can do by calling Sbi and I think it can done from sbi app too but not sure though

@viswateja - suggest to add a ? at the end of subject title

Regarding the Q, think you mean limit transfer from one SBI Card to another. Yes - it can be done by calling SBI Customer Care and they do it in few minutes.

I was told that app also has the same option, but I didn;t find it.

I have tried by calling and it's just done on call very easily even though I did it many like almost 5 or more but never found any in app option

IVR options not redirecting to customer care agent. Could you guys elaborate??

Last edited:
Hi,

I got my limit of closed SBI card transferred to active card via email. but they take time for processing request via email.
by calling it gets done easily and quickly.

I got my limit of closed SBI card transferred to active card via email. but they take time for processing request via email.
What is the maximum period after closing the card that one is able to transfer the limit, please?

Is it possible to transfer after a year of closing?

Thank you

What is the maximum period after closing the card that one is able to transfer the limit, please?

Is it possible to transfer after a year of closing?

Thank you
not sure about this.
I asked them to transfer limit of my 2 closed cards to active card. one was closed same month, while other was closed around 3 year back.

they transferred limit of recently closed card, but didn't transferred the old card limit claiming to be due to internal policies.
now I don't know exactly whether the policy refers to it being a very old closed card or may be not able to take 2 card limit at single time or something else.
I didn't tried later again as it was just a 15k limit on that card.

i want to close my sbi cashback card and transfer that limit to active sbi bpcl card with 22000 limit.is it possible?
can we transfer the limit immediately after closing?
i want to use this card in upcoming sale
sbi takes atleast 7 days to close card.

i want to close my sbi cashback card and transfer that limit to active sbi bpcl card with 22000 limit.is it possible?
can we transfer the limit immediately after closing?
i want to use this card in upcoming sale
sbi takes atleast 7 days to close card.
It seems SBI stopped this credit transfer across cards.

Please try ask for limit enhancement than close cashback card as it'd be useful during non sale period & across all online purchases as well

Back