• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cancellation / Downgrade of Amex Platinum charge

shashankrt

TF Premier
Hi All,

So Amex service continues to go down the drain and with increased fees, I dont see any value in holding Amex Platinum Charge.

I already have MB, Infinia and bunch of others giving lounge access.

Question - I have approx 150k Amex reward points. Hence wanted to check which was a better option.

1. Downgrade to Amex Charge Gold. - Question is can I still transfer my MR points to Bonvoy at 1:1 (wanted to wait till end of year if Mariott offer comes again.
2. Tranfer all MR points now to MB or Krisflyer and just close the Amex account.

Any suggestions? BTw I was offered Amex Plat Reserve as paid card as downgrade too.

Cheers,
Shashank

Then never was any value in Platinum charge after the first year.

option 1 is better.
Right now gold charge card is their best card after paying 1180 fees and getting 6000 welcome points.
Also get 1600 points every month for buying 1000 x 6 Amazon pay from the American express Gyftr portal

You can wait to convert to Marriott at 1:1.30 ratio during the October December offer, or better still redeem 24000 points for 8000 Amazon pay

Then never was any value in Platinum charge after the first year.

option 1 is better.
Right now gold charge card is their best card after paying 1180 fees and getting 6000 welcome points.
Also get 1600 points every month for buying 1000 x 6 Amazon pay from the American express Gyftr portal

You can wait to convert to Marriott at 1:1.30 ratio during the October December offer, or better still redeem 24000 points for 8000 Amazon pay
Thanks. Also are the other transfer partners (Krisflyer etc) same for gold charge card? And if yes then is the transfer ratio same. Specifically asking for Marriott Bonvoy and Krisflyer as other partners are useless.

Thanks. Also are the other transfer partners (Krisflyer etc) same for gold charge card? And if yes then is the transfer ratio same. Specifically asking for Marriott Bonvoy and Krisflyer as other partners are useless.
Yes, only things like gold collection redemption options are different

Back