• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Card for foreign travel - IDFC First Wow vs OneCard vs Others

MY123

TF Neo
Hi,

Someone I know is travelling to Macau and Dubai and wants a credit card for the travel expenses there.

I was looking at OneCard and IDFC First Wow Cards (I know FD is needed) since they have lower
a) forex conversion charges
b) seems like they don't have much eligibility problems

Basically, minimum criterias with low forex charges.

Which one would you suggest of these 2 or any other card?

Thanks

Last edited:
OneCard needs to be preapproved for unsecured I guess. And has a 1.18% forex fee.
IDFC WoW(0% forex fee) is a better option. You can withdraw up to 100% of the credit limit without any interest charges which is typically charged with credit card cash withdrawals.

Hi,

Someone I know is travelling to Macau and Dubai and wants a credit card for the travel expenses there.

I was looking at OneCard and IDFC First Wow Cards (I know FD is needed) since they have lower
a) forex conversion charges
b) seems like they don't have much eligibility problems

Basically, minimum criterias with low forex charges.

Which one would you suggest of these 2 or any other card?

Edit: The person doesn't own any existing credit card.

Thanks
I don't know why you are looking at the two FD backed (secured) cards only, why not try World Safari Credit Card from RBL bank. It offers 0% forex conversion charges, other option would be Niyo Global card.

I would suggest you try looking into World Safari Card first because there would be no money locked in

I don't know why you are looking at the two FD backed (secured) cards only, why not try World Safari Credit Card from RBL bank. It offers 0% forex conversion charges, other option would be Niyo Global card.

I would suggest you try looking into World Safari Card first because there would be no money locked in
Thank you! Will check out Niyo. (World Safari seems to have a Rs 3,000 fee?)
I was looking at IDFC First Wow and OneCard since they have 0 joining fee and AMC fee. Also, I don't know much about credit cards.

Thank you! Will check out Niyo. (World Safari seems to have a Rs 3,000 fee?)
I was looking at IDFC First Wow and OneCard since they have 0 joining fee and AMC fee. Also, I don't know much about credit cards.
Below should be your go to options

Debit Card: -
1) Indie by IndusInd : - You'll need to open bank account to get this, but once you open you can get a debit card with 0% forex charge
2) Niyo Debit Card

Credit Card: -
1) World Safari : - This has 0% forex charge and as per what I read I don't think 3000 is the joining fee rather it is annual fee which needs to be paid after a year. You can find out more about this by reaching out to RBL bank over twitter or email. Moreover you can avail International and Domestic Lounge access using this card.
2) Scapia : - It is travel card, you can also get this. But once you get it you won't be able to get a Federal Bank credit card or Fi Credit Card or Jupiter Edge Credit Card. There are some terms and conditions but you will get only domestic lounge access

Before you consider opening a FD backed IDFC Wow Card and OneCard (in most cases you'll be required to open a FD to get it). This will only get your money locked in it try considering the above options.

Below should be your go to options

Debit Card: -
1) Indie by IndusInd : - You'll need to open bank account to get this, but once you open you can get a debit card with 0% forex charge
2) Niyo Debit Card

Credit Card: -
1) World Safari : - This has 0% forex charge and as per what I read I don't think 3000 is the joining fee rather it is annual fee which needs to be paid after a year. You can find out more about this by reaching out to RBL bank over twitter or email. Moreover you can avail International and Domestic Lounge access using this card.
2) Scapia : - It is travel card, you can also get this. But once you get it you won't be able to get a Federal Bank credit card or Fi Credit Card or Jupiter Edge Credit Card. There are some terms and conditions but you will get only domestic lounge access

Before you consider opening a FD backed IDFC Wow Card and OneCard (in most cases you'll be required to open a FD to get it). This will only get your money locked in it try considering the above options.
I have Scapia Credit Card and Later, I took Jupiter CBS Credit Card too.. Yes, due to above i couldnt get Fi Card.

Last edited:
Back