• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CARD NETWORK CHANGE

Pankajkr09

TF Buzz
According to latest RBI circular customer will get an option for card network change from 6 September. I have tried contacting SBI credit card customer care for network change of my simply click credit card but they refused and asked me to get other credit card on rupay variant like simply save or elite credit card. Have anyone tried contracting their bank for network change and if yes what was the result.

The notificafion says a bank should allow its customers to choose the network at the time of card issuance and renewal.

In other cases, the banks are not mandated to let the customers switch the network.

According to latest RBI circular customer will get an option for card network change from 6 September. I have tried contacting SBI credit card customer care for network change of my simply click credit card but they refused and asked me to get other credit card on rupay variant like simply save or elite credit card. Have anyone tried contracting their bank for network change and if yes what was the result.
Card change is only allowed if that card has another variant. So in case of simplyclick only visa is present so no change possible. The circular says that if it had rupay then they can't deny change as requested but since it's not available on that platform no issues from bank side

Card change is only allowed if that card has another variant. So in case of simplyclick only visa is present so no change possible. The circular says that if it had rupay then they can't deny change as requested but since it's not available on that platform no issues from bank side
For your kind information my card is on MasterCard network. And if card change is allowed only when other varients are available then what is the need of rule. Also banks will launch with any network they want and you don't have any options

For your kind information my card is on MasterCard network. And if card change is allowed only when other varients are available then what is the need of rule. Also banks will launch with any network they want and you don't have any options
Yes, but thats how it is.... Network change is possible only if card is available and launched on other network.

If bank does not launch card on Rupay network, then it will not be available

That is how this rule has been defined. Only if any card is available on 2 networks then if you are on one network you can choose other network at time of renewal.

You are completely mistaken here. The rule states that if the card is issued on other networks, you may request a change to other networks, but only under the one condition: "if and only if the bank has issued that particular card on the requested network"

Bank is not going to issue you a different card network just because that particular network meet your personal needs.

Example 1: Axis MYZONE

If you have the Mastercard variant, you can of course, ask the bank to change it to VISA, as the bank has already issued that card on the VISA network.

Example 2: SBI SimplyCLICK

Bank has never issued SimplyCLICK card on the RuPay network, so why would they create one just for you? If they had issued it and then refused your request, you could escalate the issue. But, in this case if you escalate it, you're simply wasting your time, and the RBI will likely close your ticket without action.

You are completely mistaken here. The rule states that if the card is issued on other networks, you may request a change to other networks, but only under the one condition: "if and only if the bank has issued that particular card on the requested network"

Bank is not going to issue you a different card network just because that particular network meet your personal needs.

Example 1: Axis MYZONE

If you have the Mastercard variant, you can of course, ask the bank to change it to VISA, as the bank has already issued that card on the VISA network.

Example 2: SBI SimplyCLICK

Bank has never issued SimplyCLICK card on the RuPay network, so why would they create one just for you? If they had issued it and then refused your request, you could escalate the issue. But, in this case if you escalate it, you're simply wasting your time, and the RBI will likely close your ticket without action.
So what was the need of such a useless rule ? Till now banks used to launch cards on more than one network but after this rule comes into effect, banks will launch cards only on the network in which they want to give it to the customers.

The purpose of bringing this rule was to stop card providers from signing into any agreement or deal with card networks, but now banks will launch cards only on that card network in which they want to give it to the customers which is still kind of a deal (even if it is unofficial) with card networks

(RIP to those who were hoping to get SBI CashBack or SBI SimplyCLICK in Rupay Variant)

So what was the need of such a useless rule ? Till now banks used to launch cards on more than one network but after this rule comes into effect, banks will launch cards only on the network in which they want to give it to the customers.

The purpose of bringing this rule was to stop card providers from signing into any agreement or deal with card networks, but now banks will launch cards only on that card network in which they want to give it to the customers which is still kind of a deal (even if it is unofficial) with card networks

(RIP to those who were hoping to get SBI CashBack or SBI SimplyCLICK in Rupay Variant)
It is what it is

Then you can request Visa as it's available on simplyclick but not rupay.

As for second statement it is what it is.

Back