• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Card usage for upgrading/limit enhancement

cowcoconut

TF Premier
Hey
Currently I use my millenia only on swiggy, amazon and uber and nothing else. So bank doesn't really make any profit from swipe fees (I think). Will they still offer me LTF/LE/upgrade based on these usage?

Do they only care about total spend?

they can offer, they may not - there is not document written rule about this.. sometimes its also based on luck.

if they don't, you can't ask because of low usage. If you spend, you can ask regardless whether they offered or not. Its upto you.

You can also utilize millennia with other gyftr purchases, if any. Or keep using on those 3 channels and improve your length of history in the bank to get offer (may or maynot possible, no guarantee!).

But if you spend atleast 1L in a year, you're on queue and get the offers. Again, not written anywhere and any guarantee.. these all based on personal and nearby people experience with the same bank.

they can offer, they may not - there is not document written rule about this.. sometimes its also based on luck.

if they don't, you can't ask because of low usage. If you spend, you can ask regardless whether they offered or not. Its upto you.

You can also utilize millennia with other gyftr purchases, if any. Or keep using on those 3 channels and improve your length of history in the bank to get offer (may or maynot possible, no guarantee!).

But if you spend atleast 1L in a year, you're on queue and get the offers. Again, not written anywhere and any guarantee.. these all based on personal and nearby people experience with the same bank.
No I spend decent on millenia (definitely more than 1L per year)

But my question was, all of these spends are benefitting me and not the bank (5% reward category). So will that affect my chances?

No I spend decent on millenia (definitely more than 1L per year)

But my question was, all of these spends are benefitting me and not the bank (5% reward category). So will that affect my chances?

see, every rupee benefits bank. we may think we're squeezing from bank but in finance industry its opposite. they need money from us to run the business.

they tie up with those partners and offer us 5% by taking some commision from them as part of banking partner. Its never we only benefit, bank also benefit - any kind of spends provide some MDR to them.

If banks are not benefitting they'll remove that category, they won't provide 5% to us by running the business in loss.

So, don't worry it helps and your chances are still there.

Back