• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cash Withdrawal from Credit card

Parky

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi All; I just wanted to confirm with everyone if any credit card is good for cash withdrawal from an international ATM. Although I know we should not use credit cards in ATMs, I thought I was missing some information to confirm with you all.
One of my friends went to an international tourist place and got out of cash at one point, and he has several debit and credit cards but couldn't decide whether he should use any debit/credit card for cash withdrawal.

Afaik credit card cash is strictly a no no unless it's an emergency and you have no option. You are started charging interest for the cash from the same day you withdraw. Quite expensive.

For debit card in international ATMs, there is 3 fees. One is your bank fees, other is atm Bank fees and forex Markup. I am unsure about whether markup is already included in other category or not.

I only know about niyo global debit card. It has flat rate of 150 plus gst per atm transaction. And atm Bank fees varies and it will show up on atm screen.

Hi All; I just wanted to confirm with everyone if any credit card is good for cash withdrawal from an international ATM. Although I know we should not use credit cards in ATMs, I thought I was missing some information to confirm with you all.
One of my friends went to an international tourist place and got out of cash at one point, and he has several debit and credit cards but couldn't decide whether he should use any debit/credit card for cash withdrawal.
IDFC credit card offers interest free ATM cash withdrawal upto 48 days. (Am not sure about international atm) There will be a small fee though. Worth-it for emergencies….

IDFC credit cards are the best bets here. They do not have any interest charges on cash withdrawals. However they charge 200 + GST as withdrawal fees (or 250 +GST, I am not exactly sure). Forex charges will also apply... in case of wealth it will be 1.5% + GST and wow will be zero percent

Afaik credit card cash is strictly a no no unless it's an emergency and you have no option. You are started charging interest for the cash from the same day you withdraw. Quite expensive.

For debit card in international ATMs, there is 3 fees. One is your bank fees, other is atm Bank fees and forex Markup. I am unsure about whether markup is already included in other category or not.

I only know about niyo global debit card. It has flat rate of 150 plus gst per atm transaction. And atm Bank fees varies and it will show up on atm screen.
It's 100+GST which works out to be 118, verified.

Back