• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cashback based on Merchant name on HDFC credit cards

Kingslayer1

TF Buzz
I have an HDFC Moneyback+ credit card.
Should the transaction's name be the merchant name like Bigbasket in the statement to be eligible for the cashpoints? Because I made a transaction on Bigbasket, I got two transaction entries for one transaction in the history tab, one said Bigbasket which showed Rs. 0 and the other said Innovative Retail Co which showed Rs. 1500. But after some time that Rs. 0 transaction just disappeared and the Rs. 1500 remained.

Wheven I do transaction with sbi cb, sometimes some transaction shows like this, it might be same for you
  • visa provisioning 0 rs and
  • merchant transaction name with amount

Then Visa provisioning disappears

For bigbasket
There is always a Innovative xxxxxx to me ne in tata neu and sbi cc cards

Wheven I do transaction with sbi cb, sometimes some transaction shows like this, it might be same for you
  • visa provisioning 0 rs and
  • merchant transaction name with amount

Then Visa provisioning disappears

For bigbasket
There is always a Innovative xxxxxx to me ne in tata neu and sbi cc cards
I suppose that rs. 0 is for saving the card on the website as per regulatory guidelines. Do you get the merchant name as Bigbasket when you do the transaction on the Bigbasket app itself rather than on Tataneu?

no, tried from tata neu and bigbasket
both always show INNOVATIVE XXXXXX for both unsettled and after settled transaction

Might be 0 shows for saving, will try next time for saved card or not showing provisioning or not because 90% of cases I do not store card details, but sometimes still do 10%. depend on mood and website. so can't say on this

You can try next the what the OTP page and otp sms shows merchant name.
Like when we pay on amazon, sometimes amazon pay, sometimes amazon private etc etc for the same gift card buy

It depends on what the current server payment is going through
each merchant name is linked with MCC ,
example

Amazon pay linked to wallet where we do not fetch cb
but amazon pay private fetch cashback to me which is included mcc for sbi cb so I only provide the otp , otherwise retry

Last edited:
no, tried from tata neu and bigbasket
both always show INNOVATIVE XXXXXX for both unsettled and after settled transaction

Might be 0 shows for saving, will try next time for saved card or not showing provisioning or not because 90% of cases I do not store card details, but sometimes still do 10%. depend on mood and website. so can't say on this

You can try next the what the OTP page and otp sms shows merchant name.
Like when we pay on amazon, sometimes amazon pay, sometimes amazon private etc etc for the same gift card buy
Thank you, your answer was helpful

Reactions: scn
Back