• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cashless vs Cash treatment (reimbursement) for corporate policy

sousnake

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I have personally dealt with corporate policies so from that perspective.

I wanted to post this from some time, got time to write my thoughts on Cashless Vs reimbursement. When our child was born we had cashless procedure for maternity expenses but recently my child undergo a minor surgery which was not cashless & I have to get all bills reimbursed. There are few point based on my experience because of which I think going reimbursement way is better. Let me explain

1. Overall Hassle -
- Cashless - Most important thing that my father says is there is lot of hassle you have to submit file to TPA then follow up with them. In cashless, hospital does it for us.
- Non-Cashless - When submitting claims for my son's treatment I have to do all things, but process still didn't took more than 4hrs. You have to scan all documents and created PDF, fill forms online & no need to go at any place. I would say this as minor hassle.
2. You get more amount back - When it comes to claiming from insurance I don't want to leave even 1 Rs.
- Cashless - Hospital said you have to get ~3.5k reimbursed on your own & somewhere around ~7k will not be covered in policy & I have to bear it. But I still applied & got total 10.5k back, only admission fee was paid.
- Non-Cashless - Submitted total bills of 52,823 & got 52,332 only 500 deducted for admission charges.
So for cashless also to get more money back I need to put in some efforts, why not do it entirely on our own.
3. No payment from own pocket - Earlier our parents have to pay from their pockets the amount & then wait for lot of days to get it back. Now you can pay with credit cards & corporate claims are generally approved/looked at priority. My claim was processed in 12 days & got money in my account in less than 20 days. So mostly credit card window would cover it else you have to pay from your pocket for a period of 7-10 days.
4. Credit Card milestone & RP - Well no need to tell about this to TF community.

For me it was hassle free & got to use my Amex plat travel for milestone as well & my wife agrees as well.

Hospitals bills can't be avoided, trying to make best out of it.

Back