• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CC REFUND QUERY

Saif77

TF Select
I bought train tickets worth around 12k through CC 2 months back. Now I cancelled the ticket and I didnt use that particular card after that and the CC got 100% Limit Intact. Now how will the refund process work? How will I get my money back.

I bought train tickets worth around 12k through CC 2 months back. Now I cancelled the ticket and I didnt use that particular card after that and the CC got 100% Limit Intact. Now how will the refund process work? How will I get my money back.
IRCTC will deduct some charge out of your 12k you won’t get full refund and the those charges will be on the statement which you have to pay if use IRCTC if some route of booking then transaction will be reversed. 100 of the limit can’t be if you spend 12k and refund hasn’t been processed

IRCTC will deduct some charge out of your 12k you won’t get full refund and the those charges will be on the statement which you have to pay if use IRCTC if some route of booking then transaction will be reversed. 100 of the limit can’t be if you spend 12k and refund hasn’t been processed
After every charge being deducted 12k approx will be refunded. The transaction was done 2 months back and I paid the bill then. After That I didnt use the card. So 100% limit is intact.

3rdFeb - Amount used - 12.9k out of 75k Limit. Limit after usage - 62.1k

15 March Bill Paid - 12.9k. Limit after Bill payment - 75k i.e 100%

21 March - Tickets Cancelled. 12k approx to be refunded to the card.

Now what will happen? This is my query.

Platform - MMT.

Platform - MMT.
It will be treated like an advance payment and your limit will be temporarily bumped up to 87K.

Platform - MMT.
12K will get added to your card as a credit transaction. It will get adjusted against future expenses on your card

Platform - MMT.
It will be credited as advance payment to your card and you can utilize this in future or you can ask the bank to refund this in your bank account.

Back