• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Change Statement Date

Dexter

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have the following cards:

SBI,
HDFC,
Axis,
ICICI,
PNB,
HSBC,
Citi,
IDFC,
RBL,
OneCard,

All with different statement dates. I want to set a common statement date for every card. Please add suggestions even if you have for any one of the cards.

UPDATE

I have combined the inputs from other members and my experience as well. The following methods work:

In most of the cases you will get some options. We cannot set any date of our choice.

Axis:

We can chat with customer care via net banking login(even if you don't have an account) or email them.

ICICI:
There is option in net banking cards section(even if you don't have an account).

CITI, Amex, SBI, RBL, IndusInd, YES:
We can call directly on the customer care number.

OneCard:
Present in the app.

SBI, HDFC, IDFC:
We can email customer care.

HSBC:
In the App: CC Chat option / sending secure message : Yearly once : any dates between 02 and 25 as Billing

PNB:
Not available till now.

I got this reply from PNB, they told me to change the variant, but I don't want that.
Dear Sir/Madam,
As Per Guidelines, cardholders shall be provided a one-time option to modify the billing cycle of the credit card as per their convenience.

The above customization is under process.

Meanwhile, you can select any variant of Card suitable to you, as per following Billing dates

S. No.
Billing Date (each Month)
Card Type
1​
5th​
Visa Classic
2​
8th​
Visa Gold
3​
16th​
Rupay Platinum, Visa Platinum
4​
20th​
Rupay Select, Rupay Millennial, Visa Signature

Last edited:
For Axis, its difficult to change billing cycle but you can try your luck by contacting customer care and ask them to change.

Fir ICICI, its pretty easy. Just login to iMobile app and there is an option to change statement date in Manage card section.

I have the following cards:

SBI,
HDFC,
Axis,
ICICI,
PNB,
HSBC,
Citi,
IDFC,
RBL,
OneCard,

All with different statement dates. I want to set a common statement date for every card. Please add suggestions even if you have for any one of the cards.
i had to escalate to rbi for hsbc. only then they complied.

Also, they provide only 1 other date which we can opt for
Is this not violation of RBI guidelines
Other banks at-least provide 4-5 dates to choose from.
seems like they just made that 1 date available to comply with rbi regulations.
even indusind had 3-4 options only but atleast those options were spread out across the month.

I have got worst support from them.

Some of the issues were name mistakes, MMT ICICI linkage to wrong account, wrong official email id, refund for failed transaction in pockets.

First 3 are still unresolved, and then last one took almost 3 weeks.
I think other banks will take time as well for these things. But considering their tech services & customer care services, I think they're doing better than others.

• Hehe
Reactions: Rkr
Back