• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Charges For Banks Standing instructions

ethanhunt

TF Buzz
Hi, I want to create Standing instructions for NEFT Monthly Transfers to my PPF account, loan EMI Account, NEFT to parents, also willing to Add some Mutual fund Billers for Monthly debit of SIPs. I have recently opened HDFC Preferred account and ICICI salary account and unaware of benefits in terms of charges...
Is there any charges for creating standing Instructions, apart from Standard NEFT charges (If any) or any other charges.?
Also If any such txn fails due to low balance is there any penalty. (In my Union bank it charges Rs 295 for Rs1000 sip payment failure , want to know in case of HDFC & ICICI too)

Last edited:
.... I have recently got HDFC Preferred account and ICICI salary account
Is there any charges for creating standing Instructions, apart from Standard NEFT charges (If any) or any other charges.?
Also If any such txn fails due to low balance is there any penalty. (In my Union bank it charges Rs 295 for Rs1000 sip payment failure , want to know in case of HDFC & ICICI too)

RBI require banks to provide detailed schedule of charges to their customers. Didn't you get those from your banks?! In any case, schedules of charges for various services are available online from the banks' websites. Why did you need to ask here?!

RBI require banks to provide detailed schedule of charges to their customers. Didn't you get those from your banks?! In any case, schedules of charges for various services are available online from the banks' websites. Why did you need to ask here?!
Charges are Specific to account type and waived for some types...So asked the community with such accounts...Anyway this wasn't such an out of topic question, that you reply in such arrogant tone...If you are not aware and have account in different bank or different types, or totally unaware about what being asked just please ignore...

Charges are Specific to account type and waived for some types...So asked the community with such accounts...Anyway this wasn't such an out of topic question, that you reply in such arrogant tone...If you are not aware and have account in different bank or different types, or totally unaware about what being asked just please ignore...

It is you who is being arrogant, and presenting himself as if with some kind of entitlement! Schedules of charges specific to different account types are all available at the banks, or on the banks' websites. It just takes a little effort on one's part to get those. Did you spend that effort to find those before posting here? How did you think members here would know about those to tell you?!

But noooooo.... , you need to be spoon fed! Grow up!

It is you who is being arrogant, and presenting himself as if with some kind of entitlement! Schedules of charges specific to different account types are all available at the banks, or on the banks' websites. It just takes a little effort on one's part to get those. Did you spend that effort to find those before posting here? How did you think members here would know about those to tell you?!

But noooooo.... , you need to be spoon fed! Grow up!
what entitlement man? Having a bank account ???? Bank websites showing too many charges https://www.hdfcbank.com/content/bb...ommon/pdf/service-fees-July-2023-28-07-23.pdf but based on a member feedback https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/hdfc-standing-instruction-charges.3737/ and some other threads HDFC doesn't have standing instruction charges ...
So i wanted to confirm from other members if these are based on type of accounts..I am new to these banks and not aware so asking....Instead of simply replying or ignoring , why are you unnecesarily spamming, and wasting mine and your time. In your other threads also done same.. You are not a representative of all community members . If someone is aware they will reply else not...A member can atleast expect the liberty of asking doubts

Last edited:
what entitlement man? Having a bank account ???? Bank websites showing too many charges https://www.hdfcbank.com/content/bb...ommon/pdf/service-fees-July-2023-28-07-23.pdf but based on a member feedback https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/hdfc-standing-instruction-charges.3737/ and some other threads HDFC doesn't have standing instruction charges ...
So i wanted to confirm from other members if these are based on type of accounts..I am new to these banks and not aware so asking....Instead of simply replying or ignoring , why are you unnecesarily spamming, and wasting mine and your time. In your other threads also done same.. You are not a representative of all community members . If someone is aware they will reply else not...A member can atleast expect the liberty of asking doubts
There will not be any charges for putting standing instructions. However, if standing instruction is declined due to insufficient fund, hdfc bank generally charges Rs 450-500 plus GST.

Back