• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cibil impact on credit card closure

b4bhar

TF Premier
Guys, what would be the cibil impact/ hit if i take a new credit card and close it within 11-12 months before annual fee?

Thank you!

bing1309

TF Premier
Nope nothing, closing a card doesn't mean your score will go down it's just an account, where your liabilities are more and clearing your debts, that infact increase your stable score to higher score ( kindly note if single loan then yes score will go down) if multiple no impact if in equal ratio in secured and unsecured and when unsecured is becoming less score goes up

350modena

TF Buzz
Nope nothing, closing a card doesn't mean your score will go down it's just an account, where your liabilities are more and clearing your debts, that infact increase your stable score to higher score ( kindly note if single loan then yes score will go down) if multiple no impact if in equal ratio in secured and unsecured and when unsecured is becoming less score goes up
What happened when there is no secured credit and only CC - unsecured credit and we close a recently opened card ?

bing1309

TF Premier
Guys, what would be the cibil impact/ hit if i take a new credit card and close it within 11-12 months before annual fee?

Thank you!
keep in mind about Credit card Churning, banks may deny the card by seeing the number of closed accounts in coming years. Hence ensure the card be used for at least 2 years

b4bhar

TF Premier
keep in mind about Credit card Churning, banks may deny the card by seeing the number of closed accounts in coming years. Hence ensure the card be used for at least 2 years
I have around 8 to 9 cards and i didn't close any of them till date. So, if i take a new card now but close it within 11 months, will that come under credit card churning and banks deny me cards?

b4bhar

TF Premier
Nope nothing it's understandable.
I actually want to try out tata neu infinity card but only getting it FYF. Also, converting it to LTF is also not possible given the critical stand of the bank these days. So wanted to make sure this doesn't have any impact if i close the card before generation of the annual fee.