• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CKYC email recieved for bank account opening.

Bugs Bunny

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Hey folks, recently opened a new account with IDFC and recieved an email from ckyc about the details being changed for my address and stuff. Idfc guys made some mistake and they put space and coma between the word 'ward'. Contacted the person who opened my account he said we can't make mistakes as it is auto fetched but it is done by them as it is confirmed now. How do I rectify it?

PS: Relevant documents attached Screenshot_20230527-003834__01.jpg

Hey folks, recently opened a new account with IDFC and recieved an email from ckyc about the details being changed for my address and stuff. Idfc guys made some mistake and they put space and coma between the word 'ward'. Contacted the person who opened my account he said we can't make mistakes as it is auto fetched but it is done by them as it is confirmed now. How do I rectify it?

PS: Relevant documents attached View attachment 18191
It's okay, no problem.
Next time when you open any account or CC, just use the correct address; it will get auto-updated.

I already was using correct address actually the idfc people also didn't fill the address manually it was pre fetched from adhar and still it got wrong. How's this possible?
Every bank has a different method for classifying addresses; some accept special characters, while others do not; some require two lines, while others require three; some split addresses via commoa, while others via new lines.

So ignore it and move on.

Thank you bro, I was getting anxious seeing my address. Thank you so much for clarification.
Every bank has a different method for classifying addresses; some accept special characters, while others do not; some require two lines, while others require three; some split addresses via commoa, while others via new lines.

So ignore it and move on.

When I applied for SBI Cashback card, after I received it got CKYC done by SBI. Really there was no change at all in my home and office address but I received CKYC message. When checked found only 1 character mistakenly changed by SBI which resulted ckyc update. I followed up for 2 months till nodal officer only and finally gave up. If ckyc record is updated for us then its only again changed by the financial institute who requested this ckyc change.

The other problem is that there is no way to check anytime our ckyc details. Only when ckyc update notification comes, we will come to know what got changed in that pdf file.

That's pathetic process.
When I applied for SBI Cashback card, after I received it got CKYC done by SBI. Really there was no change at all in my home and office address but I received CKYC message. When checked found only 1 character mistakenly changed by SBI which resulted ckyc update. I followed up for 2 months till nodal officer only and finally gave up. If ckyc record is updated for us then its only again changed by the financial institute who requested this ckyc change.

The other problem is that there is no way to check anytime our ckyc details. Only when ckyc update notification comes, we will come to know what got changed in that pdf file.

Back