• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Closing my 4 credit card dose this effect my cibil

ahmedshaikh__

TF Select
Hi I’m currently holding 9 cc most of them are basic so trying to close my cc also there r some reason just wanted to know this will effect on my cibil also I have emi going on icici Amazon pay cc and IndusInd visa platinum cc on Amazon last 2 month emi left on IndusInd last emi left I want to pay outstanding balance n then close my card is there any charge ?
Closing cc Kotak RuPay icici Amazon pay cc
Kotak mojo IndusInd visa platinum

Keeping Scapia hdfc millennia icici coral sbi simply click ( bob easy coz it's my first cc)
Please also let me know pro/con

Sudden decrease in the total available credit limit could affect your CIBIL score.

If you're planning to apply for more cards, close one and apply for new one! And follow the same process for the rest.
This will maintain your limit without impacting the score too much.

Sudden decrease in the total available credit limit could affect your CIBIL score.

If you're planning to apply for more cards, close one and apply for new one! And follow the same process for the rest.
This will maintain your limit without impacting the score too much.
I’m not planning to apply for new one at least for a year I’m thinking I’ll just upgrade my existing cc from now as offers suits me

Hi I’m currently holding 9 cc most of them are basic so trying to close my cc also there r some reason just wanted to know this will effect on my cibil also I have emi going on icici Amazon pay cc and IndusInd visa platinum cc on Amazon last 2 month emi left on IndusInd last emi left I want to pay outstanding balance n then close my card is there any charge ?

Keeping Scapia hdfc millennia icici coral sbi simply click ( bob easy coz it's my first cc)
Best way to know, have CIBIL subscription and there is option to simulate Closing Credit Card or whatever you would like to

If you are not going for any new CCs,
then close whatever CCs you want to close. And, pay all your bills in full. Avoid all types of loans n postponing any payments.

And, do not worry much about those ratings. Despite our besy efforts, they keep on fluctuating - with or without logical reasons. So, ignore them - particularly so when you do not wish to apply for any new CCs.

Pls close down one by one for monthly one to avoid sudden changes in score

If you are not going for any new CCs,
then close whatever CCs you want to close. And, pay all your bills in full. Avoid all types of loans n postponing any payments.

And, do not worry much about those ratings. Despite our besy efforts, they keep on fluctuating - with or without logical reasons. So, ignore them - particularly so when you do not wish to apply for any new CCs.
Bro can I prepay on emi with IndusInd and icici cc without any charges coz surly after that I’ll be able to close it ?

Hi guys I need help before leaving India I called customer care to close my cc but as I see cc is still active how can I close it from here ? It’s IndusInd bank

It will impact definitely. However, eventually, based on your payment, It will increase.

If you not planning to apply new cards or loans, then go ahead and close otherwise close gradually.

Only 2 points will impact your CIBIL:

1. Make sure you do not close your oldest Credit Card by age. This will keep your credit age intact.
2. Check on the CC limit for the cards you are planning to close. The overall Credit Limit will decrease if you close cards.

Both points have major impact on CIBIL score.

Only 2 points will impact your CIBIL:

1. Make sure you do not close your oldest Credit Card by age. This will keep your credit age intact.
2. Check on the CC limit for the cards you are planning to close. The overall Credit Limit will decrease if you close cards.

Both points have major impact on CIBIL score.
Bro I’m in Europe don’t know how to close my cc as of now I want to close IndusInd bank n rest I’ll do month by month

Back