• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Closure of your DCB Niyo Global Debit Card

0x5f3759df

TF Select
Just got a notification from DCB informing about closure of account within 1 month.

> Please note that your DCB Niyo Global Card number beginning with XXX shall stop functioning from 1 st August, 2024 onwards. As part of this transition, we request you to adopt the upgraded programme and enjoy the benefits.

Attachments

I got the same.

Currently, my NiYO card is linked to a DCB Current Account. This letter seems to want me to switch to a DCB Savings Account. In spite of what the letter says, there is no way to open a DCB Savings Account from the NiYO app. I went to the DCB web site and, among the savings account variants, there is indeed a DCB NiYO Savings Account. But when I looked under current accounts, there is also a DCB NiYO Current Account.

I have left my number for them to call me back. I'll post here once I get some clarification.

Currently, there is no direct access to the DCB Current Account (no Internet banking, no cheque book, etc.). I am a NiYO customer and NiYO is using DCB as its "back-end" bank. Perhaps DCB Bank wants to change that and have NiYO users as full customers.

Back