• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Confused Between iPad Pro M4 13” and 11”

iPad Pro 11” or 13”

• Total voters

CCnerd10

TF Buzz
Currently i am using an iPad Pro M1 with apple pencil 2 and Magic Keyboard for the past 3 years and I absolutely love it. I am an extensive user. When i am not at my desk using my system, i use iPad the most among my MacBook, iPad and iPhone. I use it for surfing the web, Media Consumption, responding to emails, note taking, reading ebooks and articles and occasional editing of photos and videos and very occasionally for gaming.

Why iPad Pro?
If in case you’re curious or about to suggest me to go with iPad Air, let me clear why iPad pro. First and foremost I believe in being future secure while purchasing a device that will easily last you 5-6 years and trust iPad’s last even longer. Mine after 3 years has a battery cycle count of 573 and battery health at 94% and it still feels as snappy as it did on day 1. Second reason is now that i am used to the pro motion display iPad air is a no for me. Third is the thunderbolt 4 port which supports upto 2 external displays though Apple has that restricted to only 1 display on iPad but i have a 2 monitor setup and i miss the fact that i can’t use two extended displays like i can on my MacBook. Another Major reason is the chipset M4 which is definitely way more future proof than M2, with the upcoming AI capabilities and a neural engine with 38 TOPS capabilities feels a lot more future proof. The tandem OLED display is nice but honestly not that big of a deciding factor. Nor does the thickness or weight matter to me. Tbh it was already pretty thin. I would’ve been fine with same thickness and more battery lol. The lack of Pro res decode encode engine is also a drawback for me as i said i use the iPhone footage from my trips at times for editing and iPad air won’t be able to do that.

The dilemma!!
I love the size of the 11 inch while i am lying on the bed surfing web or consuming media content or gaming. I also love the real estate of 11” which takes very less space in my bag while travelling even with a hardshell case. What i hate about 11” is how bad the stage manager or split screen experience is on it. Split screen is still decent but stage manager is pretty useless on an 11 inch screen. Also while note taking i have to zoom in and take notes or annotate a PDF of A4 size which on a 13” I wouldn’t have to zoom in and out and scroll sideways every now and then.

I visited Apple Saket and spent a good 30 40 mins using both the machines along with the pencil pro and magic keyboard and i got my eyes stuck on the 13 inch. I didn’t feel like the size or weight was too much for the amount of more work space it gave for note taking and multitasking. Also the magic keyboard felt better to type on due to the more bigger keys as compared to my current one which has keys cramped up on an 11 inch case and causes typing mistakes as i am used to typing mostly on my MX keys S. The speakers also felt better on the 13 inch.

Since then it has been almost a month and i am still confused between the two. I keep going back and forth on the two. The dilemma is mostly because of the many negative reviews on the web about how the size is appealing at first but not manageable in long term.

So i would sincerely request people who have an experience with the 11” or 13” to share their views and experience on how they feel about the different sizes.

Also lastly!! There have been reports of grainy and warm display units on both the 11” and 13” iPad Pro M4. It’s been like a lottery system and not everyone but only a few have reported these issues so can you all share if there is any issue with grainy or warm display on your units.

Thanks

Last edited:
Back