• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Convert Paid Flipkart Axis Card to LTF

Bigde

TF Ace
TF Family
Hi Guys,

I have been holding Flipkart Axis CC since the first time it was launched in 2019. This is not an LTF card and incurs an Annual fee of 500+GST. I have tried multiple times to covert this card to LTF by contacting their support but each time my request was refused. I went up to extent of cancelling this card but the customer care guys didn't budge one of them even informed me that once I cancel this card, I will not be able to apply for it in the future. (This has happened with some of the Flipkart Axis customers where they cancelled their existing card and tried to apply for the same card in LTF avatar but got a rejection).

Has anyone so far able to convert their existing Flipkart Axis card to LTF here? If yes, could you please let me know the steps to do it as calling to customer care is not yielding any results.

Amitt Aryan

TF Premier
Earlier when it was launched, I got this card.
After using for almost 1 year, I asked CC for LTF as it was offering LTF with visa variant.
They simply denied and were trying to convince me with its benefits against the fees.
I denied and asked to cancel. They lured me with edge points worth Rs. 500 equal to its fees for not cancelling.
I again denied and moved with cancellation.
It was cancelled after so much of call conversation.
After 4 to 5 months in feb, When there was LTF offer for 3 cards from Axis, I applied from app and got the card.
This was my journey from paid to LTF. Though it was the only way that time. Dont know in near future itmay change.
But I dont think they will offer LTF to the paid cards. They dont bother about loosing their customers. They know there are so many people who will apply for it seeing its benefits just like Ace card.
So better try when there LTF offer with good cibil.
Also if you are very much interested for Axis cards, open any account and use Axis mobile app frequently.
When there will be any LTF offer, you can apply from app only and it will instantly get approved in most of the case.

Bigde

TF Ace
TF Family
Earlier when it was launched, I got this card.
After using for almost 1 year, I asked CC for LTF as it was offering LTF with visa variant.
They simply denied and were trying to convince me with its benefits against the fees.
I denied and asked to cancel. They lured me with edge points worth Rs. 500 equal to its fees for not cancelling.
I again denied and moved with cancellation.
It was cancelled after so much of call conversation.
After 4 to 5 months in feb, When there was LTF offer for 3 cards from Axis, I applied from app and got the card.
This was my journey from paid to LTF. Though it was the only way that time. Dont know in near future itmay change.
But I dont think they will offer LTF to the paid cards. They dont bother about loosing their customers. They know there are so many people who will apply for it seeing its benefits just like Ace card.
So better try when there LTF offer with good cibil.
Also if you are very much interested for Axis cards, open any account and use Axis mobile app frequently.
When there will be any LTF offer, you can apply from app only and it will instantly get approved in most of the case.
I already have an account with Axis Bank with 5L+ MAB, spoke to my RM a couple of times but it seems she is also helpless in this case.

Also tried another approach where applied for their Flipkart Axis Visa LTF variant (mine is master card) using the mobile app but my request got rejected as I was already having this card in my kitty. Initial idea was to get the Visa variant as LTF and then cancel the master card variant but the plan didn't materialise.

Amitt Aryan

TF Premier
I already have an account with Axis Bank with 5L+ MAB, spoke to my RM a couple of times but it seems she is also helpless in this case.

Also tried another approach where applied for their Flipkart Axis Visa LTF variant (mine is master card) using the mobile app but my request got rejected as I was already having this card in my kitty. Initial idea was to get the Visa variant as LTF and then cancel the master card variant but the plan didn't materialise.
If you are already having that card then no way it will issue again.
1st you have to cancel, then wait for offer and that time if you apply it will get approved from app.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
hmmm i'm in the same boat , got reversal on 2nd year cause 1st year i had fulfill amount need for reversal for the fees so in march 2023 where axis could charge if i don't spend 2 lakhs for fees reversal then it depend i might call them and ask for LTF! let c probably might apply for some other axis bank cc in 2023. already have myzone has LTF. sorry couldn't be of much help with your case, and yes axis cc suck, have calling them it was waste of time

Last edited:

Mulkit Salia

TF Buzz
I simply called them and requested to convert my card to LTF and they complied, simultaneously I messaged the online chat at Axis Bank website and they too confirmed the same. Persistence is the key, my renewal is in July, Hence it will be tested then whether they really converted the card to LTF or not, at least on chat and mail they have shared it is LTF but billing will be the true litmus test of LTF

Mulkit Salia

TF Buzz
Made another attempt via chat this time, same outcome. My card can't be converted to LTF, looks like cancellation is the only way out. These folks are not afraid of loosing the customer. CC executive asked me to pay the outstanding amount and apply for the cancellation. Will not waste my time with these guys anymore.
Did you write mails upto the nodal officer ?

spatone

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Asked CC executive to share the email of the nodal officer, he refused and asked me to find it myself on their website. Such is the care less attitude of these folks that I am now seriously considering the cancellation of this card.
Thats pathetic. This is why a feedback mechanism after every interaction with CC executive is a must.

AsB

TF Ace
I got a call form Axis employee that I have a card upgrade offer to Flipkart Card. I instantly denied since it was not LTF. Despite saying no, she kept calling me every day for the next 10-15 days. Sometimes even twice.. Finally, she said that she will convert it to LTF by mailing her team. I told her to send this information through email or through Whatsapp as I insisted for written records. Unlucky her, she had given her employee id in WhatsApp as well.
Later, after a month, the card was NOT made LTF. I asked her why- no response. So, after 7-8 days, I sent a mail to the Nodal Officer with all the chat responses and details. Surprisingly, the same employee returned my fees from her own pocket, and asked me to withdraw the complaint and close the card, as it cannot be made LTF.
In fact, I don't do a lot of shopping from Flipkart. Only things I buy are electronics, that too from other cards like ICICI or SBI, when there are offers. So, I never wanted that card. But, now , that card has reflected in my CIBIL . I have not closed the card , but it will definitely impact my credit behavior. Axis Bank is the worst bank in my experience.

Last edited: