• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Card Against FD for NRI

AlanDS

TF Buzz
Hello everyone,

I am new here. I am a NRI working in Middle East.
I recently got an IDFC Wow credit card which was based on FD. This is my first credit card in India.
I would like to have another one which is slightly better with Lounge access and less forex markup fees.
I do not want to go for a card which requires 10L+ FD.
So, which one do you suggest?

Hello everyone,

I am new here. I am a NRI working in Middle East.
I recently got an IDFC Wow credit card which was based on FD. This is my first credit card in India.
I would like to have another one which is slightly better with Lounge access and less forex markup fees.
I do not want to go for a card which requires 10L+ FD.
So, which one do you suggest?
For HDFC DCB, it's 6lakhs

For indusind too, indulge-5 lakh fd

** get hdfc ac, you might get dcb offer without fd.

These best fd cards for lounge*

Are you sure HDFC provides DCB CC for NRI that too for 6 lakhs? Last I heard was that only Regalia and Infinia were provided for NRI against FD.

I already have an HDFC NRE account from last 9 years. Never got any CC offer from them.
Does IndusInd accepts CC application through online?

I already have an HDFC NRE account from last 9 years. Never got any CC offer from them.
Does IndusInd accepts CC application through online?
HDFC does not offer CC to NRI. You need to contact your RM/BM and get a CC against FD. This card will have auto debit from your NRE account.

If you have an Axis NRE with salary credit then you can access their range of cards. You could then do C2C and go for other cards. All in all of you have a NRE and salary credit in that account you should be fine with most of the banks. That's how I started mine

If you have an Axis NRE with salary credit then you can access their range of cards. You could then do C2C and go for other cards. All in all of you have a NRE and salary credit in that account you should be fine with most of the banks. That's how I started mine
NRE Account with Salary Credit? How does it work?
The country where I work, companies can deposit the salary to local bank accounts only. Then we have to use money exchange services to remit that amount to our NRE account.

Do you primarily park your funds overseas or in India? If you have an option where your employer can credit the salary directly to your NRE that would help a lot

Do you primarily park your funds overseas or in India? If you have an option where your employer can credit the salary directly to your NRE that would help a lot
As per the local rules, employer cannot credit salary to foreign accounts directly(Like Indian NRE accounts). Once the salary is credited to local bank account, we have to remit the funds to NRE account via 3rd party services. So Axis NRI Salary account may not be applicable in my case.

Back