• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card delivery to nearest bank

My credit card is dispatched to my old address. Sometime ago one of the bank employees said that we can get it delivered to the nearest bank branch if we are not available at the current address. Could somebody tell me the process to do it. The parcel is already enroute via bluedart

My credit card is dispatched to my old address. Sometime ago one of the bank employees said that we can get it delivered to the nearest bank branch if we are not available at the current address. Could somebody tell me the process to do it. The parcel is already enroute via bluedart
along with bludart sms, you will also get an sms from hdfc that has tracking details. if the delivery fails on 1st attempt, you can go to the link in hdfc sms. there you will get 2 options: reschedule delivery to another date, or deliver the card to home (or nearest, don't remember) branch.

i don't know if it works though!

Let it go to the address and attempt delivery. Once it is returned back you can request the customer care to send it to your nearest HDFC bank branch. You can then carry your id proof to the bank and get your card. I did it last year for my HDFC credit card.

As mentioned by @anish1516 , I asked the delivery guy to return it and I received a call from HDFC CC today. But the rep is adamant that they cannot send it to the nearest branch and asked me to change the address. unfortunately don't have any proof that ties up to the current address. Weird enough, today a rep called and informed that he will be visiting my current address for KYC., I denied him outright saying that I rejected the card. They are not ready to send the card to the nearest branch buy are ready to do the kyc at the current address, that too long after dispatching the card. Any steps that I can take to get this sorted out?

As mentioned by @anish1516 , I asked the delivery guy to return it and I received a call from HDFC CC today. But the rep is adamant that they cannot send it to the nearest branch and asked me to change the address. unfortunately don't have any proof that ties up to the current address. Weird enough, today a rep called and informed that he will be visiting my current address for KYC., I denied him outright saying that I rejected the card. They are not ready to send the card to the nearest branch buy are ready to do the kyc at the current address, that too long after dispatching the card. Any steps that I can take to get this sorted out?
didn't you get the sms link from hdfc that i mentioned above? last month only I saw that option.

didn't you get the sms link from hdfc that i mentioned above? last month only I saw that option.
Got the sms, but it's just shows the delivery status as "out for delivery" and no other option. Maybe its get updated later, will keep any eye on that but don't have much hope on that since the rep called and informed they won't be doing it. She might have updated it in the system

Got the sms, but it's just shows the delivery status as "out for delivery" and no other option. Maybe its get updated later, will keep any eye on that but don't have much hope on that since the rep called and informed they won't be doing it. She might have updated it in the system
write to grievance redressal email or pno.
they will tell you if it is allowed or not. it should be, as i got the option last month.

it might also be because i am an account holder of the bank. if you are just a credit card holder then they might not give you option.

Back