• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Card EMI

I have ordered refrigerator in Samsung shop and chose 9 month emi. After successfully placing my order, today I got my credit card statement generated and includes full amount by HDFC and order is still not received by me. What should I do

I think you made an EMI transaction very close to your statement generation date. Usually banks take a few days to convert your transaction into EMI. But in your case I think your statement was generated before the bank could convert your transaction to EMI. I believe you'll receive statement credit for your transaction in a few days, which will be considered as a credit card payment. But It's always better to contact HDFC for a better explanation of your issue.

So let’s say you made a purchase of 90k and you opted for 9 months EMI. Now as @yusuf646 mentioned above that you made the transaction very close to your statement generation date.
Bank will credit 80k within few days, the amount you will have to pay is 10k but I am not sure if that 80k will be considered as a payment to that bill.
Please refer to this thread

Back